- Enjoy an all day admission to Cairns' newest attraction!
- See the animals and habitats local to Tropical North Queensland
- Learn about the Wet Tropics Rainforest and the Great Barrier Reef
- Engage in daily ecosystem talks, animal presentations, live diver feeds, marine and reptile touch n' talk shows
- See Australia's only 10-meter Deep Reef Tank, 360-degree Oceanarium, 20-meter underwater tunnel, and mangrove boardwalk
- Get up close to freshwater fish, pythons, emerald tree monitors, crocodiles, colourful reef fish, sharks, and rays
WHAT TO EXPECT
The Cairns Aquarium is a world-class venue for seeing and interacting with the incredible plants, animals, and habitats found in Australia’s Wet Tropics. The Wet Tropics is a region that borders two World Heritage-listed environments: The Daintree Rainforest and The Great Barrier Reef. Protecting and conserving the biodiversity of these World Heritage-listed ecosystems through education is the driving force behind the Cairns Aquarium.
Every day at the Cairns Aquarium, visitors are guaranteed interaction with some of the rarest and most elusive animals on earth. The incredible biodiversity of the Wet Tropics and The Great Barrier Reef provides the cast for a show-stopping spectacle of colour, shape, and movement that you won't see anywhere else in the world. The aquarium hosts 16,000 animals from 10 different ecosystems and 71 habitats across Tropical North Queensland — careful research was conducted so that natural environments could be recreated in Cairns Aquarium to ensure the ongoing health and longevity of the species on display.
Cairns Aquarium offers a range of services and facilities so that you can focus on enjoying your visit and interacting with the amazing animals on display. Whether you’re wanting to learn more about the incredible reef and rainforest creatures, or you need to find that perfect gift for a loved one, or you just need to stop and enjoy a meal or beverage, the aquarium has what you're looking for.
As the only aquarium in the world dedicated exclusively to the habitats and species of Tropical North Queensland, the Cairns Aquarium connects visitors with the natural wonders of The Great Barrier Reef, The Wet Tropics, The Gulf Savannah, and Cape York regions. With over 16,000 animals and unique opportunities to move up close to some of the world’s most fascinating, elusive, or deadly creatures, every visit is unforgettable. The Cairns Aquarium is open daily from 10 am to 3 pm with the last admission at 2 pm. This ticket provides all-day general admission.