- Get up to $15 cash back per person when you book with us
- A morning tour to Green Island, taking a high-speed catamaran to the island
- 2 hrs island time with the choice of a glass-bottom boat tour or use of snorkelling equipment to explore the reef
- An afternoon tour around Cairns taking in the natural beauty & cultural heritage of this tropical city
- Entry to Cairns museum, plus free re-admission
- Entry to St. Monica’s Cathedral & Cairns Botanic Gardens
- A delicious Devonshire Tea at Noa’s Café
- Photo opportunities in Barron River Gorge & Surprise Creek Falls
- Time to stroll around the pretty seaside suburb of Palm Cove
- Travel in air-conditioned comfort (escaping the tropical heat) with your local driver/guide
- Convenient drop-offs to selected Cairns accommodation
- Departs from the meeting point at Reef Fleet Terminal, 1 Spence St, Cairns
- Hotel pick-ups
- Lunch (an early lunch on Green Island is recommended)
- Additional Green Island activities
What to Expect
Enjoy a big day out in Cairns, visiting both the reef and city with this exciting full-day tour that spends a morning at Green Island, followed by an afternoon checking out the highlights of the city and surrounds.
Green Island Tour
Green Island is a beautiful 12-hectare coral Cay on Australia's Great Barrier Reef. It's uniquely rainforested and surrounded by white sandy beaches and magnificent coral reefs, plus it boasts an abundance of marine life. Turtles are regularly sighted from the shore, and the island is home to 35 species of seabirds.
You'll need to make your way to the Reef Fleet Terminal in the heart of Cairns for check-in and departure at 9:00 am. The travel time to Green Island is 45 mins from Cairns, onboard a modern, comfortable air-conditioned highspeed catamaran with a relaxed atmosphere.
Your visit allows you 2 hours at Green Island, and you can take part in the many activities available or simply relax on the beach. Included in your fare is the choice of a glass-bottom boat tour or the use of snorkelling equipment to explore the underwater world even closer. The friendly crew will help you organise your activities to make the most of your time on Green Island.
Lunch isn't included, but it's recommended to grab something to eat on the island from one of the food outlets.
Depart Green Island at noon, returning to Cairns in time for collection in front of the Reef Fleet Terminal at 1:00 pm for your afternoon city sights tour.
City Sights Tour
Once you disembark the boat from Green Island, you'll be picked up by your guide. Start with a visit to St. Monica's Cathedral. This stunning Heritage-Listed cathedral, dedicated as a memorial to the Battle of the Coral Sea, houses 24 amazing stained-glass windows depicting the story of creation. They are reputably the largest themed stained-glass windows in the world.
Join an exclusive tour with a dedicated museum guide to discover the Cairns Museum. They'll share stories about living in the tropics, the region's culture, sugar cane, railways, rainforests and reefs. Plus, you'll enjoy free re-admission to the Cairns Museum during your stay.
Now it's time for a break and the opportunity to indulge in a delicious Devonshire Tea at Noa's Café in the leafy suburb of Edge Hill.
Once afternoon tea is done, stretch your legs with a wander through the Flecker Gardens in Cairns Botanic Gardens. It's renowned as one of the best exhibitions of tropical plants in Australia. Your guided tour will showcase key areas of the gardens, including the Conservatory and the Aboriginal Plant Use section.
Then, have your camera at the ready as you visit a spectacular lookout with views over the city of Cairns and the Coral Sea before continuing to Lower Barron River Gorge National Park and Surprise Creek Falls.
Finally, the tour heads further north to Palm Cove. Take a stroll along the jetty or beach of this picture-perfect location, fringed with coconut trees. Nestled behind the beach is the quiet seaside suburb, with its magnificent paperbark trees. Watch as the sun begins to set before returning to your accommodation at approximately 6:00 pm.
Where we Visit:
- Green Island in the Great Barrier Reef
- St. Monica's Cathedral
- Cairns Museum
- Cairns Botanic Gardens
- Cairns City lookout
- Lower Barron Gorge National Park
- Surprise Creek Falls
- Palm Cove
- Minimum 4 people to operate the tour
- The Operator reserves the right to alter, modify or cancel a tour due to bad weather, unsafe conditions or at the request of governmental, park, & state agencies
- The Operator assumes no responsibility for injuries, delays caused by breakdowns, accidents, adverse weather conditions and other conditions beyond their control
- The Operator is not responsible for any loss or damage to property
- Cancellation within 24 hours is non-refundable
Reviews for Cairns Big Day Out – Green Island & Cairns City Sights
Get Instant Confirmation