- Discover the Daintree Rainforest after hours!
- Expert passionate guides
- Interpretive rainforest walk
- Daintree River wildlife cruise
- Great Barrier Reef Coastal Drive
- Cape Tribulation Beach
- Dining in the Jungle
- Night spotting for wildlife!
- Sunscreen and insect repellent
- Torches for spotlighting
- Umbrellas provided for rainy days
- Afternoon tea
Daintree Rainforest Afternoon And Night Tour
Explore the Daintree Rainforest and its wildlife at night!
WHAT TO EXPECT
The Daintree National Park represents the single largest mass of tropical rainforest in Australia. It is one of the most complex ecosystems on the planet and the oldest continually surviving rainforest, estimated to be 180 million years old. Enjoy this unique opportunity to explore the Daintree Rainforest at night! This amplifies the quality of our nature and wildlife interactions. Cruise the beautiful Daintree River spotting wildlife on a quiet, clean solar electric boat. Dine in the Jungle before venturing out of foot to discover the nocturnal world. Very few visitors to the area have the opportunity to visit the oldest continually growing rainforest in the world at night!
12:00 pm: Pickup in Cairns
Starting in the mid-afternoon when the sun is highest in the sky, experience the magical views of the Great Barrier Reef Drive, perhaps the region’s most scenic coastal highway. Experience the magical Great Barrier Reef Drive heading north on the region’s most scenic coastal highway. Observe the changes in habitat diversity as we get closer to the Daintree Tropical Rainforest.
2:15 pm: Arrive at Solar Whisper Wildlife Cruise
Cruise the beautiful Daintree River spotting wildlife on a quiet, clean, solar electric boat with zero environmental impact. This type of boat lets you hear, smell, and experience nature without noise and fumes. Afternoon tea is included prior to departure. The tour has a 99% success rate for spotting crocodiles, excellent bird watching opportunities and other wildlife such as snakes, frogs and fish and bats. The cruise is one hour.
4:00 pm: Daintree Rainforest
Arrive at Cape Tribulation, a World Heritage area to explore pristine beaches, rainforest, cool streams, towering mountains, and freshwater valleys that captivate visitors. The tour spends an hour exploring the natural assets of the coastline. Every nature lover’s dream can be found in the Daintree National Park! This living museum is an area of ancient tropical rainforest spanning 120,000 hectares, making it the largest tropical rainforest in Australia. The tour walks numerous tracks to witness the complex ecosystems in this World Heritage Area and perhaps a swim during the summer months.
5:00 pm: Cape Tribulation Beach
This famous valley resembles a giant amphitheatre with a semicircle of hills dominated by Mt Sorrow (850m) and Mt Hemmant (1000m). From several lookouts the afternoon lighting on the beach is gorgeous. The tour spends an hour exploring the natural assets of the coastline.
6:00 pm: Dinner at Whet Restaurant
Dining in the evening Rainforest is a one-of-a-kind experience! Located right in the heart of Cape Tribulation, and aptly named to “whet your appetite”, the delicious range of cuisine on offer at Whet Restaurant is sure to make your visit to the Daintree memorable. Whet combines the natural wonder of the surrounding jungle with its unique and casual atmosphere.
7:00 pm: Night spotting in the Northern Daintree
A wildlife tour in Far North Queensland is not complete without a night walk. Much of the local wildlife has adopted a nocturnal lifestyle to avoid the heat of the day in the tropical climate. Perhaps the most unique part of this experience is to observe nocturnal wildlife in the Wet Tropics.
8:00 pm: Depart Daintree
Time to sit back, relax and watch the back of your eyelids in the comfort of our modern vehicles. Return across the Daintree River on the Cable Ferry and we’re back in civilization so you can look through and share your photos. Returning to Cairns approximately 10:30 pm.
Daintree Rainforest Afternoon And Night Tour
|11:00AM - 12:00PM|
Monday, 29-04-2016 11:00 AM - 12:00PM
How many participants are there?
What should I bring?
- Sun protection advised: hat, sunglasses
- Good walking shoes
- Camera and water bottle
- Day pack for carrying personal items
- Your enthusiasm!
What is the minimum age for this tour?
This tour is not recommended for children under 14.
Will I see crocodiles?
Saltwater Crocodiles are best spotted in the cooler months of the year (April-Oct). As the water temperature drops. Crocodiles spend more time bathing in the sun to warm their reptile bodies. This greatly improves the quality of our observations, however, Saltwater Crocodiles breed during the summer months (Nov-March) and therefore get quite active in the river.
- Minimum 2 persons
- You must be eighteen (18) years of age or older to book this tour.
- It is your responsibility to look after your property at all times; The tour takes no responsibility for the theft, loss or damage to personal belongings at any time during the duration of your tour. You must ensure you are adequately covered by comprehensive travel insurance in the event of any loss. There is no travel insurance cover included in the price of the ticket.
- The tour reserves the right to change our typical itineraries at any time and at our discretion. As professionals, we will endeavour to avoid this and if this is necessary, we will substitute alternative arrangements of comparable monetary value. (b) We reserve the right to alter our itinerary in the event of happenings outside the control of the tour.
- You must obey the laws of Queensland, Australia whilst travelling on this tours. Your appointed Guide may need to make a decision in the interests of safety. It is a condition of bookings that you comply with the authority and decisions of the appointed representative of the tour. If you do not comply with the said representative and are not compatible with the general enjoyment and well-being of members of the tour, the tour reserves the right to refuse to allow you to continue the tour. In such a case, we will not be liable for any refund, compensation or any additional costs incurred by you. The tour cannot accept liability for the behaviour of others on your tour nor if any facilities are curtailed as a result of their actions.
- It is your responsibility to meet your tour at the arranged pickup point and time. Pick up times are approximate and can vary due to factors outside their control. Wherever possible we will contact you directly or your hotel reception to inform you of any delays/changes. Your obligations and responsibilities.
- You must inform us of any medical condition that requires attention or medication before your tour commences.
- During your tour, your tour guide may take photographs and video of you (as part of a group) while you are a passenger and these may be used in our Group brochures and/or advertising and publicity material without obtaining any further consent or payment in respect of such photographs and/or films.
- The Australian way of life is one of enjoying life, relishing and respecting other people's company. The tour asks you to come to with a positive frame of mind, ready to enjoy your adventure with us. At all times, you must show courtesy and respect to your driver/guide and more importantly the other Tour members. Failure to do so may result in you being asked to leave the tour at the management's discretion.
- Cancellation of your booking must be made by phone or by email.
- You are entitled to a full refund only if a minimum of 24 hours notice is given before the scheduled departure.
- If you choose to cancel within 24 hours before the start of your tour, no refunds will be granted.
- There will be times when the influence of mother nature (adverse weather) on a program or activity means we need to amend or cancel the program. It is a decision purely based on safety and overall enjoyment of an activity. When the tour cancels a trip we will refund any money paid in full.
- You can choose to change your tour departure to another date (subject to availability). Permission to do this up to 24 hours before departure is subject to availability and is entirely at the discretion of the tour.
- If the reason for your cancellation is covered under your insurance policy, you may be able to make a claim under that policy.
- In the case of a private group booking or a private bus hire we would require 1 week (7 days) notice of cancellation. Where 7 days to 24 hours notice is given, a 25% fee may be charged at the discretion of the tour. No refund will be given for bookings cancelled within 24 hours.