- Exciting dive experience in the Cairns Aquarium Reef Tank
- Come face to face with reef sharks, large stingrays, and Queensland groupers (approx. 20 min)
- Medical check (must pass to complete dive)
- Introduction to scuba dive brief and training session (approx. 90 minutes)
- All required diving equipment and wetsuit
- Discover Scuba Certificate of Completion
- All-day General Admission entry to the Cairns Aquarium
WHAT TO EXPECT
The Cairns Aquarium is a world-class venue for seeing and interacting with the incredible plants, animals, and habitats found in Australia’s Wet Tropics. The Wet Tropics is a region that borders two World Heritage-listed environments: The Daintree Rainforest and The Great Barrier Reef. Protecting and conserving the biodiversity of these World Heritage-listed ecosystems through education is the driving force behind the Cairns Aquarium.
Every day at the Cairns Aquarium, visitors are guaranteed interaction with some of the rarest and most elusive animals on earth. The incredible biodiversity of the Wet Tropics and The Great Barrier Reef provides the cast for a show-stopping spectacle of colour, shape, and movement that you won't see anywhere else in the world. The aquarium hosts 16,000 animals from 10 different ecosystems and 71 habitats across Tropical North Queensland — careful research was conducted so that natural environments could be recreated in Cairns Aquarium to ensure the ongoing health and longevity of the species on display.
Become one with the marine life and take the plunge into the Cairns Aquarium Reef Tank! This Dive with Sharks experience begins at 12:00 pm with a medical check, then an experienced dive team will ensure that you are comfortable with the scuba equipment and breathing underwater, before it's time to dive into Cairns Aquarium's underwater world! No previous diving experience is required.
Admission to the Cairns Aquarium is available from 9 am onwards on the day of the dive. The itinerary for diving with sharks is as follows:
- 12:00 pm Meet at Cairns Aquarium admissions and complete Dive Medical Check
- 12:30 pm Commence dive briefing & dive skills
- 2:00 pm Dive with the Sharks in the Cairns Aquarium Reef Tank
- 2:30 pm Conclude dive, shower
- 3:00 pm Receive dive certificate