- Get up to $15 cash back per person when you book with us
- 3-hour guided discovery tour of Cairns' rainforests, wetlands & mangroves learning about local Indigenous culture
- Light morning refreshments of coconut damper, tea & fresh fruit
- Friendly & professional Indigenous guide sharing ancient knowledge & customs
- Departs from the meeting point at Mooz Gelato & Juice Bar, 5/2 Pier Point Rd at 9am (please check-in 15mins prior)
Hands on Country Eco Indigenous Tour - CairnsEnjoy an unforgettable Indigenous cultural experience right at the doorstep of Cairns
What to Expect
Take a 3-hour journey back in time via riverboat to discover a cultural landscape through the eyes of the Mandingalbay Yidinji people, the traditional owners of the country that lies just across the inlet from Cairns City. The Mandingalbay Yidinji people have lived in harmony with their environment for tens of thousands of years, and this tour allows you to immerse yourself in their way of life, visiting places of cultural significance and sourcing native food in the rainforest.
Join your local guide as you cruise across Trinity Inlet and along the peaceful Hills Creek, as you head deeper into the expanse of the World Heritage-listed Great Barrier Reef region. Take in the beautiful mangrove-ridden wetlands before being welcomed by the Mandingalbay Yidinji people with a traditional smoking and cleansing ceremony.
After a short bus ride, walk the Mayi Bugan Rainforest Trail with Indigenous guides to discover native foods and bush medicines, ancient Aboriginal traditions, customs, and artefacts. Learn some ancient secrets and gain an understanding of the connection between Country and Aboriginal culture.
Enjoy light refreshments of delicious coconut damper, tea and fresh fruit, surrounded by the sounds of nature before returning to the Marina. You won't believe this unforgettable authentic experience could be just a short boat ride from Cairns.
Where We Visit
- Hills Creek
- Grey Peaks National Park - Mayi Bugan Trail
Frequently Asked Questions
- Sturdy, covered flat footwear
- Sun protection (a hat & sunscreen)
- Insect repellent (supplied)
- Bottle of water (no plastics please)
- Any prescribed medications
East Trinity is located directly opposite Cairns CBD and is part of the Wet Tropics area, which can experience high rainfall during the summer months. Our vessel is covered, as is our transfer vehicle. However we do walk on a trail through the rainforest, which does offer some cover, but a rain jacket, umbrella or poncho is advised if you think it might rain.
Days of extreme weather may result in the cancellation of tour, in which case you will be contacted by our reservations team, and given the choice of rescheduling your tour to another date, or a full refund.
We can accommodate people who have mobility challenges, however it would be essential that we speak with the person or their carer prior to the day of travel so that we can understand their needs and ensure that we can deliver our tour for them.
- Minimum age is 5 years
- All participants are required to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19
- Cancellations within 24 hours of departure will be subject to 100% cancellation fees
Why book with us?
- Best Price Guarantee
- Free & Easy Cancellation
- Up to 10% Cashback
- 100,000 5 Star Reviews
- Book Securely