- Get up to $50 cash back per person when you book with us
- A full day cruise on Ningaloo Reef with the chance to swim with whale sharks, the world's biggest fish
- Use of all snorkelling equipment including long wetsuits to explore the reef & see the whale sharks from beneath the waves
- A full buffet lunch, morning & afternoon tea
- Departs from the meeting point at Shop 4 Peoples Park, Coral Bay
- Photography & video from the day
What to Expect
Join an unforgettable experience of a lifetime for a chance to swim with the biggest fish in the sea, the majestic Whale Sharks.
Ningaloo's whale shark season is between March and June. During these four months, the migrating whale sharks inhabit Australian waters due to the reef's annual coral spawning. This fantastic event transforms the pristine coastal waters from Exmouth to Coral Bay into colourful clouds. The coral spawning attracts the whale sharks' favourite foods, krill and plankton, which in turn draws the whale sharks to the Ningaloo Reef.
Your tour begins at 7:30 am at the meeting point, where you'll be transferred to the jetty to board the vessel. Then, you'll head out for your first reef snorkel experience in the beautiful coral gardens, where you may encounter numerous fish, reef sharks, and other marine species.
After morning tea, begin your journey to the outer reef. By this time, the spotter plane is already searching for the whale sharks and informing the crew of any other exciting marine life spotted along the way! The team will do their best to allow you to experience as much wildlife as possible during this tour.
Once the spotter plane has found a whale shark, the boat will make its way there. Guests will be split into two groups of 10 and take turns swimming with the whale sharks. To ensure that this experience doesn't disturb the natural habits, the tour is allowed a maximum of one hour of swimming time with the whale sharks.
Stop along the way home for a second reef snorkel at a different site. Finally, celebrate with a glass of sparkling wine and a fruit platter to finish the day.
The crew photographer will be taking photos and/or video footage of your adventure, which will be available for purchase on a USB for an additional cost at the end of the tour.
Where we Visit:
- Ningaloo Outer Reef
- Two coral garden sites on Ningaloo Reef
Frequently Asked Questions
Towel, hat, sunscreen, swimsuit, water bottle, warm clothing.
- This tour is recommended for experienced swimmers
- Tour types and times can be affected by tidal variations; are weather dependent and approximate and subject to change without notice. The type of vessel described in a tour is a guide only. Vessels may be substituted from time to time; maximum passenger numbers for any tour may vary from time to time
- Minimum numbers are required for each tour to commence
- The Operator does not guarantee wildlife sightings or interactions on any tour at any time. Wildlife is, by its very nature, 'wild' and marine life exists without constraints on their behaviour, therefore no guarantee of sightings can be provided
- An adult must accompany any passenger under the age of 15 at all times, this includes all in-water activities
In the event of tour cancellation by the passenger, the following terms and conditions apply:
- Once a booking is confirmed a cancellation fee of 25% of the total tour cost applies
- Passenger provides less than 7 days notice - 100% of the total tour cost applies
In the event a passenger wishes to transfer their booking to another date through no fault of The Operator the following terms and conditions apply;
- Passenger provides 2 - 4 days’ notice - 25% of the total tour cost applies
- Passenger provides less than 24 hrs notice - 50% of the total tour cost applies
Reviews for Coral Bay Whale Shark Safari
Get Instant Confirmation