- National Park entry fees
- Best swimming rock pools
- Guided nature walk
- Australian wildlife sightings
- Accredited outback driver-guide
- Air-conditioned mini-coach travel
- Comprehensive tour commentary
- Select inner-city pick-up and drop-off
- Option upgrade to include the Spectacular Jumping Crocodile Cruise
- Personal expenses
What to Expect
Allow us to show you one of our favourite places on earth ... Litchfield National Park, just over an hours' drive from the city. We leave tropical Darwin and make our way towards the world-class Litchfield National Park surrounded by thick pockets of tropical rainforest, it offers cool respite from the Top End heat.
Stopping along the way you’ll have an opportunity to jump on the famous Jumping Crocodile Cruise (optional extra) on the Adelaide River, alternatively, you'll visit the Fogg Dam Conservation Centre. The traditional lands of the Limilngan-Wulna people (who are active in the reserve's management) are one of the most spectacular places to explore the diverse wildlife of the Top End, home to numerous species of birds, turtles, water pythons and of course the iconic Saltwater Crocodile.
We’ll visit some incredible monolithic Magnetic Termite Mounds and then have an opportunity to cool off in one of Litchfield’s beautiful natural plunge pools like Buley Rockholes or Wangi Falls. Visit a thundering waterfall such as Florence Falls or Tolmer Falls and marvel at the sheer beauty carved out amongst the rocky escarpment.
Fully relaxed and rejuvenated after a day in the stunning tropical national park we make our way back to Darwin, arriving around 6:00 pm.
Where we visit:
- Litchfield National Park
- Adelaide River
- Fogg Dam Conservation Reserve
- Magnetic Termite Mounds
- Buley Rockholes or Wangi Falls
- Florence or Tolmer Falls
Frequently Asked Questions
We recommend you bring:
- Refillable 1-litre water bottle
- Sunglasses & sunscreen
- Swimwear & towel
- Comfortable walking shoes that are non-slip and good for walking
- All-weather clothing
- Tropical strength insect repellent
- Money for snacks & meals
A moderate level of fitness is required for traversing uneven terrain.
Yes. The child policy for this tour is 6-12 years old. Due to the nature of this tour, it’s not suitable for infants or children 5 years and under. Children must be supervised at all times and guests are to keep to the marked tracks and designated visitor areas.
- Itineraries may vary to adapt to seasonal changes and occasionally spots in the parks close or do not allow swimming. As safety is our top priority we plan accordingly to ensure our guests have the most fun and best experience possible while on tour
- The child age is 6-12 years. These trips require a moderate level of fitness to complete walks and have an element of safety required. Not suitable for infants or children 5 years and under. Children 17 years old and under, must be accompanied by a legal guardian or adult
- This terrain is not suitable for mobility-impaired travellers, wheelchairs, walkers, prams or strollers
- There is limited storage space on the vehicle, so baggage must be kept to 1 x 5-7kg day bag per person
- Please notify the operator of any dietary requirements, medical conditions and your travelling contact number at the time of booking
- Although every effort is made, the supplier shall not be liable for any illness, injury, damages, loss, delay or failure to join the tour that may occur due to factors beyond our control. We highly recommend all passenger have travel insurance coverage.
- The supplier retains the right to alter routes, itineraries, bus types and configurations, fares adjustments, days of operation or even cancel tours if unforeseen circumstances occur. Other accredited tour operators may be used on some tours.
- The customer shall comply with all Government (Federal, State and Territory) COVID entry restrictions and vaccination guidelines or testing requirements for entry into Australia and/or at the time of travel for tour and transport services. Where the customer is not vaccinated and/or tested prior to departure, the customer will forfeit any and all monies paid and GLT holds the right to refuse to board. Where the customer cancels due to travel restrictions other than vaccination or testing requirements, the operator shall have the discretion to
(a) offer a refund or credit voucher (to be used at a later time); or
(b) to forfeit any and all monies paid by the customer.
For the purposes of (a), the operator reserves the right to withhold such a reasonable sum to cover administrative expenses and other losses, dependent on when notice of cancellation is given by the customer.
In the event that a booking is cancelled, the following fees will apply:
(a) Flexible Date Changes – unlimited supply of free date changes available up until 7-days prior to departure; or
(b) 2 to 7-days prior to departure:
- we will hold 100% of the deposit paid by you as a credit voucher, valid for redemption within 3-years from the date of purchase
- any credit voucher resulting from cancellation may be applied towards any other tour operated by GLT within Australia; or
(c) 8-days or more prior to departure,
- we will refund the balance paid by you in connection to your booking less any unrecoverable costs; or
(d) failure to board on tour or cancelled within 2-days/48-hrs will result in full fare forfeiture of the ticket price and not eligible for a refund; or
(e) cancellation prior to departure due to you having COVID-19/ “flu-like symptoms”, supported by a medical certificate, we will refund 100% of monies paid by you either directly or via your booking agent.
- Travelodge Resort Darwin - 64 Cavenagh St Darwin City
Reviews for Litchfield National Park Tour from Darwin with Croc Cruise option
Book your experience stress-free and know we're here to help.
Get Instant Confirmation