- Pickup and drop-off
- Quality camping gear
- Camp toilets & warm camp showers
- Fully automatic 4WD vehicles
- Knowledgeable and fun tour guides
- All meals (breakfast, lunch & dinner), tea & coffee
- Esky cool boxes for your beers
- Vehicle, ferry & national park fees
- Games and fun including giant Jenga, cards, guitar, didgeridoo, go star-gazing and tell Dreamtime stories
WHAT TO EXPECT
Follow the sun with our Dreamtime Tours of K’gari! Learn about the seasonal changes and systems in our time and how nature predicts our everyday lives. Led by a passionate guide, you will learn about basic art concepts using sand as the medium and how symbols in paintings tell a story. Listen to the dreaming stories of K'gari and the sharing and teaching of how dreaming stories play out in our day to day lives and teach us our governing rules of life that guide us to protect ourselves and our surrounding landscapes. Learn the skill of Boomerang throwing and gain a deep understanding of its purpose. We share our knowledge of bush tucker and it’s many uses, both traditionally and ceremonially. Designed to give you a sneak speak into the rich cultural history of the island whilst honouring the ancient laws of the island, this tour offers a truly life changing experience.
- 6.15 to 6.45am: Meet @ Drop Bear HQ.
- 9am: Pick ups in Rainbow Beach.
- 11.30ish: Arrive at our Wilderness Camp, settle in and enjoy a tasty lunch.
- 1ish: Head out on your first adventure to see some of the tour Highlights.
- 6ish: Get back to base and crack open a beer as you watch the sky change colours.
- 7pm onwards: Have dinner, share stories, play the didgeridoo & star gaze.
- 7ish: Have breakfast and get ready to leave camp for a fun filled day.
- Morning: Explore K’gari and her hidden treasures.
- 12.30pm: Lunch time.
- Afternoon: Discover more lakes and epic views.
- 6ish: Get back to camp.
- 7pm onwards: Enjoy another scrumptious dinner under the stairs and some evening activities.
- 7ish: Have breakfast and say bye to your favourite camp spot on 75 Mile Beach.
- Morning: Hit the inland tracks to discovery towering trees and take one last dip.
- 12ish: Lunch in the forest.
- 2ish: Quick stop at Beachcamp for some light refreshments.
- 3-3.30pm: Back to Rainbow Beach.
- 6pm: Back to Noosa!
What To Bring:
- A small backpack
- Swim wear
- Driver's license
- A hat
- A jumper and raincoat (Winter months only)
- 1 litre resuable water bottle
- A beach towel
- Insect repellant (Nov-March)
- Any alcohol or snacks you may want (cans or plastic bottles only)