- 3 days of exploring Fraser Island
- 2 nights accommodation in tents at the private campsite (2 people per tent), including comfy roll mats
- Large undercover camp area with music and kitchen facilities
- Hot showers & power to charge your phone at the campsite
- 3 breakfasts, 3 lunches, & 2 dinners
- Return ferry ticket to Fraser Island
- 4WD Automatic Vehicles
- Beach games, stargazing, & amazing sunsets/sunrises
Fraser Island 3-Day 2-Night Tag Along Tour
Experience the pristine beaches, amazing landscapes and abundant wildlife of Fraser Island with this tag-along 4WD tour, where you'll learn the art of sand driving and camp in beautiful locations.
- $10 cash levy
- Sleeping bag & pillow – bring your own or hire them the night before
- A locker can be rented for any larger valuable items
- We recommend booking Rainbow Beach accommodation the night before and after the tour, due to pre-tour safety briefing, early start and late finish. This accommodation is not included in the price.
WHAT TO EXPECT
Visit World Heritage-listed Fraser Island (K’Gari) on the ultimate Australian beach 4×4 driving and camping adventure. Experience 4×4 driving yourself in one of the tag-along vehicles whilst visiting the most amazing freshwater lakes and ancient rainforests.
Day one starts early with a 7:00 am departure from Rainbow Beach, to take the barge across from Inskip Point to Fraser Island. Once the tires hit the sand on the other side, you'll take the awe-inspiring drive up the first portion of 75 Mile Beach to Eurong. Turn inland towards Lake McKenzie, one of the most beautiful locations on the island. On arrival, take a dip in these incredibly pure, clear waters. Words do not do this amazing lake any justice.
Drive to Central Station where you'll eat lunch and walk along the waters of the very special Wanggoolba Creek. Learn Fraser Island’s history in a time before this beautiful island was protected. We then leave for a drive back to 75 Mile Beach and onto the camp. Chill out for a bit, then it's time for dinner. Cook a BBQ together with your new Fraser Family and spend the night socializing together next to a campfire or under the covered seating area.
Wake up early (hangovers are no excuse!) to a simple, easy breakfast of toast and cereal before getting back in the cars to head further north. Arrive at the Champagne Pools to cleanse under awesome waves crashing over into the natural rock pools, creating the bubbly “champagne.” Then back to the cars again for a short drive to our next destination.
Climb the stunning Indian Head (one of the few rock formations on the island) to spot the amazing marine wildlife that can be seen off of Fraser Island. If luck is on our side, we can normally spot humpback whales (August – October), sharks, sea turtles, dolphins, huge rays, and many schools of tropical fish. Next, drive back to camp for lunch and before heading onto our next location.
A short drive down the beach is the largest creek on the Eastern Beach; Eli Creek. Take a walk up the boardwalk with a rubber ring and float down these serene waters. Eli Creek pumps up to 4 million litres of freshwater into the sea every hour!
The second to last location of the day is a short drive from Eli Creek; the Maheno shipwreck. As the sun lowers in the sky watch the rusty wreck against the sea sky and incredible coloured sands seen up the coast. Finally, take a short stop at The Pinnacles on the way back to camp. Seen from the beach this sand formation is a prime example of the coloured sands seen all up the Fraser Coast.
Arriving back at camp to take a breather after an amazing day, wash away the sand in the amazing amenities block just a short walk from our campsite…… then more food! As part of our Fraser Family, we cook spaghetti bolognese together with garlic bread, followed by another night of socialising under some of the Southern Hemisphere’s most spectacular stars.
The last day in paradise includes another quick and simple breakfast before setting off to the final location. Drive a moderate distance down the Eastern Beach to the entrance of Lake Wabby. Here we will walk for around 40–45 mins down a beautiful sand track through the bush and out onto the Hammerstone Sandblow. Located a short walk along the sand blow, Lake Wabby is the deepest lake on Fraser Island, so be sure to take a dip and chill next on its shores.
After our lunch on the beach, it is time to make our way back to the barge and Rainbow Beach. Arrive back between 1:00 pm and 4:30 pm (dependant on the tides).
Where we visit:
- The Maheno Shipwreck
- Lake McKenzie
- Wanggoolba Creek
- Eli Creek
- Lake Wabby
- Indian Head
- Champagne Pools
- The Pinnacles
- Central Station
Fraser Island 3-Day 2-Night Tag Along Tour
|11:00AM - 12:00PM|
Monday, 29-04-2016 11:00 AM - 12:00PM
How many participants are there?
What should I bring?
- Pack the following in a small bag: drivers licence, change of clothes, towel, swimsuit, hat, sun cream, insect repellent, camera and a small flashlight.
- A reusable water bottle (also available from reception). Let's save Fraser Island from the unneeded waste plastic of disposable water bottles!
- BYO alcohol and snacks (no glass allowed as it will break)
What facilities does the campsite have?
- Hot showers
- Flushing toilets
- Sheltered campsite with permanent tents
- Cooking, camping equipment & BBQ facilities
- Bottle shop & Café
- Mobile device charging facilities
- Free sleeping roll mats
- Dingo fence around the campsite
Do you need a 4WD on Fraser Island?
Yes, you do need a 4WD on Fraser Island. The tracks consist of soft beach sand.
What is the best time of year to go to Fraser Island?
Fraser Island is a beautiful place to visit all year round!
How many days do you need on Fraser Island?
Three days is a general advised trip to see the major attractions, there are so many beautiful hidden spots on Fraser Island, you will see so much in 3 days and get the opportunity to relax and soak in all the beauty of the island.
Is it safe to swim on Fraser Island?
Swimming along the coast on Fraser Island is not recommended as there are dangerous sharks and dangerous rip tides. There are also no lifeguards along the coast on Fraser Island. There are plenty of freshwater lakes on Fraser Island that are safe to swim in and Champagne Pools is the only safe saltwater swimming area.
What kind of food will we have?
You'll enjoy delicious, casual food on the tour, with vegetarian/vegan* options available. Below is an example menu:
- BREAKFAST – Toast with Spreads, Tea/Coffee
- LUNCH – Wraps with Ham, Beef or Tuna with Lettuce, Tomatoes, Cucumber, Red Onion, Cheese, & Condiments.
- *Mexican Bean Spread
- SNACK – Biscuits and fruit
- DINNER – BBQ 120g Angus Beef Pattie and Sausages with Green Beans, Garlic Potatoes, Onion Gravy
- *Falafel Pattie
- BREAKFAST – Pancakes with Maple Syrup, Museli with Fruit, Toast and Spreads
- LUNCH – Open Chicken Schnitzel Burger with Lettuce, Tomatoes, Sliced Cheese, Coleslaw, Beetroot
- *Moroccan Vegetable Burger
- SNACK – Biscuits and fruit
- DINNER – Bolognaise Sauce with Pasta, Parmesan, Garlic Bread
- *Chickpea, Mushroom and Zucchini Sauce
- BREAKFAST – Toast with Beans or Spaghetti, Museli and Fruit
- LUNCH – Wraps with Beef, Ham or Tuna with Lettuce, Tomatoes, Cucumber, Cheese, & Condiments
- *4 Bean Mix Spread
- Cordial Juice, Tea/Coffee
- Pristine Fraser Island Drinking Water
- BYO alcohol – no glass permitted
- To drive on Fraser Island you must be 21 years or over with a minimum of 12 months experience on an open licence. You must bring your driver’s licence with you.
- Guests must attend the compulsory 4:00 pm pre-briefing the day before your tour is booked to depart and bring a $10 cash levy + credit/ debit card and your driver’s licence for our paperwork to be filled out
- Drivers must be 21 years or over with a minimum of 12 months experience on an open licence
- Guests must confirm the tour 48 hours before departure
- All customers are encouraged to purchase travel insurance to cover any unforeseen circumstances
- Cancelling any booking will result in a minimum administrative fee of $100
- Cancellations made within 7 days of departure date will result in a 100% cancellation fee
- Cancellations made within 14 days of departure date will result in a 50% fee
Read full supplier's terms & conditions
- Best Price Guarantee
- Free & Easy Cancellation
- Up to 10% Cashback
- 100,000 5 Star Reviews