- Fully instructed 1 hour stand up paddle lesson including safety briefing, basic and intermediate paddle technique
- All SUP equipment provided
Stand Up Paddle (SUP) Beginner Lesson – Surfers ParadiseLearn the fun and relaxing sport of SUP – stand-up paddle boarding, with this 1 hr beginner lessons that teaches you how to balance, paddle, and steer, all while having fun.
What to Expect
If you've always wanted to learn how to stand up paddleboard (SUP), then this lesson is perfect for beginners. Plus, you'll also get to explore the beautiful, flat waters around Surfers Paradise.
Your lesson begins with a safety briefing and basic instruction followed by a demo by the instructor for a full visual of what to expect. Then, it's time to get out on the river to experience walking on water for the first time.
These paddle boarding lessons are close to shore, on flat water only and very easy to get the hang of. Whilst your instructor helps you along the way with balance tips they will coordinate the group to begin paddle technique training to ensure you are all the best paddlers by the end of the lesson. You'll have loads of fun on the water!
All the instructors are Surfing Queensland accredited and the equipment is of the best quality on the Gold Coast. Photos are taken during the lesson for us to share with you on social media.
By the end of the lesson, you'll be feeling like a pro and smiling from ear to ear.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Wear whatever you feel comfortable in – gym gear or swimwear is most suitable (no denim)
- Bring drinking water
- Sun protection
- A rash vest or long sleeve T-shirt (this is for sun protection, and is optional)
- No footwear required whilst paddling
SUP stands for Stand Up Paddle Board. It is a non-powered watercraft a lot like a surfboard, just bigger. You stand on a SUP and gently manoeuvre around at your own pace.
Even the best of us occasionally fall into the water and this is half the fun. Mostly you will stay dry as it is very easy to learn and keep your balance.
No, you do not need to know how to swim. If you fall into the water you will be wearing a life jacket and you will be very close to your board making it quick and easy to climb back on.
Your height and weight can determine your balance ability. We will put you on a board that is suitable for you according to this information. However, this may change depending on the individual, there are no restrictions.
Our friendly Tour guide/instructor is equipped with taking photos for you and the group. We share the photos on Social media free of charge. However, if you want digital on USB we do charge extra for those.
- The minimum age is 8 years, and children 8 to 16 must be accompanied by an adult
- Departures are subject to weather conditions, and if it is deemed unsafe to proceed by the operator you'll be offered the chance to reschedule, or if that's not possible dues to travel commitments, a full refund will be offered
- All courses are subject to minimum and maximum enrolments in order to proceed and early bookings are strongly advised to avoid disappointment
- Participants must arrive at the departure location at the correct time
- Participants must complete a waiver before commencing the tour
- Refunds may be given depending on the nature of the cancellation and at the operator's discretion
- Tours may be rescheduled in line with the following policy:
- Greater than 48 hours prior to the experience date: 10% charged to change the experience date and time
- Greater than 24 hours prior to the experience date: 50% per participant fee to change the experience date and time
- Within 24 hours of the experience date, No Shows and Late Arrivals: Participants forfeit their experience and therefore are not entitled to a refund or to re-book
Why book with us?
- Best Price Guarantee
- Free & Easy Cancellation
- Up to 10% Cashback
- 100,000 5 Star Reviews
- Book Securely