- 2 hr guided tour of the waterways of the Surfers Paradise flat water only
- Basic SUP lesson included & water safety briefing
- All SUP equipment provided
- Life-jackets available
- Drinking water provided
Surfers Paradise Stand Up Paddleboard Tour
Spend a couple of hours on a SUP, paddling past high rise hotels, through mangroves, and spotting dolphins on this relaxing but invigorating guided tour on tranquil, flat water.
WHAT TO EXPECT
Have you spotted paddlers on the water and thought to yourself I must do that “one day”? Now is the perfect day to put your plans into action with this fun, family-friendly stand-up paddleboarding (SUP) tour on the calm and tranquil river waters around Surfers Paradise. All your paddling equipment is included, and the tour starts with a lesson on paddle technique and a safety briefing. Then, it's time to hit the water!
Stand up paddleboarding is fun, exciting and also very relaxing. As a fitness regime, SUP is becoming more popular as paddlers find it burn calories, even if you are leisurely meandering on the water.
Imagine paddling past the high rise hotels one minute, and then the next, you're floating past mangroves enjoying nature at its finest! This tour is the best of both worlds! Plus, it's an awesome feeling standing on your paddleboard cruising along with the dolphins & creating amazing photos for you to share later with friends & family.
You'll also cruise past the mansions of Paradise Waters, getting a glimpse of how the other half lives. Then, head under the bridge through to the peaceful mangroves of Macintosh Island Park where you will see an abundance of birdlife, spot the family of peacock or perhaps even a dolphin or two.
The calm waters make it easy to learn stand up paddling and your instructor will be with you every step of the way. Whether you choose to meander along taking in the peace and tranquillity or racing everyone and testing your paddle skills, you will enjoy SUP fully and want to do it again and again.
Where we visit:
- Nerang River
- Paradise Waters
- Macintosh Island Park
Surfers Paradise Stand Up Paddleboard Tour
|11:00AM - 12:00PM|
Monday, 29-04-2016 11:00 AM - 12:00PM
How many participants are there?
What should I bring/wear?
- Wear whatever you feel comfortable in – gym gear or swimwear is most suitable (no denim)
- Bring drinking water
- Sun protection
- A rash vest or long sleeve T-shirt (this is for sun protection, and is optional)
- No footwear required whilst paddling
What is a SUP?
SUP stands for Stand Up Paddle Board. It is a non-powered watercraft a lot like a surfboard, just bigger. You stand on a SUP and gently manoeuvre around at your own pace.
Will I get wet?
Even the best of us occasionally fall into the water and this is half the fun. Mostly you will stay dry as it is very easy to learn and keep your balance.
Do I need to know how to swim?
No, you do not need to know how to swim. If you fall into the water you will be wearing a life jacket and you will be very close to your board making it quick and easy to climb back on.
Are there height or weight restrictions?
Your height and weight can determine your balance ability. We will put you on a board that is suitable for you according to this information. However, this may change depending on the individual, there are no restrictions.
Are photos available for our tour? We want photos but don't have a waterproof camera?
Our friendly Tour guide/instructor is equipped with taking photos for you and the group. We share the photos on Social media free of charge. However, if you want digital on USB we do charge extra for those.
- The minimum age is 12 years, and children 12 to 16 must be accompanied by an adult
- Departures are subject to weather conditions, and if it is deemed unsafe to proceed by the operator you'll be offered the chance to reschedule, or if that's not possible dues to travel commitments, a full refund will be offered
- Participants must arrive at the departure location at the correct time
- Participants must complete a waiver before commencing the tour
- Non-swimmers must wear a life jacket
- Refunds may be given depending on the nature of the cancellation and at the operator's discretion
- Tours may be rescheduled in line with the following policy:
- Greater than 48 hours prior to the experience date: 10% charged to change the experience date and time
- Greater than 24 hours prior to the experience date: 50% per participant fee to change the experience date and time
- Within 24 hours of the experience date, No Shows and Late Arrivals: Participants forfeit their experience and therefore are not entitled to a refund or to re-book
Read full supplier's terms & conditions
- Best Price Guarantee
- Free & Easy Cancellation
- Up to 10% Cashback
- 100,000 5 Star Reviews