- Get up to $10 cash back per person when you book with us
- 3hr ultimate whalewatching tour at Hervey Bay, where you will listen to whale song, observe and learn about these gentle giants
- Services of certified Marine Naturalists who provide expert interpretation of the amazing whale behaviours
- Complimentary copy of full colour Whalewatch Guide
- Check-in at Shop 1, Great Sandy Straits Marina
- Whale sightings guaranteed from 16 July to 9 October
- Boarding is 30 min prior to departure time at Urangan Boat Harbor, Shop 1 Great Sandy Straits Marina
What to Expect
To start Hervey Bay’s ultimate whalewatch adventure, get ready to listen to live whale songs with underwater hydrophones and learn the latest whale facts and findings!
This whalewatch ecotour is based on over 30 years of whale research in Hervey Bay and led by a certified Marine Naturalist who will provide expert interpretation of the amazing whale behaviours you'll encounter. As an exclusive, you'll also get the chance to interact with the onboard whale Researcher.
You'll cruise in comfort on Hervey Bay's newest, state of the art vessel Ocean Defender. Enjoy a fast, smooth ride with panoramic water-level "whale's eye" views from forward-facing seats offering with plenty of shade.
There's also plenty of room on this small-group tour with excellent photo opportunities and the convenience of a full size toilet onboard. Ocean Defender is eco-friendly, fully licensed, and follows all regulations for whale protection including our own "Be Whale Aware" guidelines.
Your ticket to adventure also supports whale research, marine education and ocean conservation in Australia and around the world.
So grab your camera, hat and some spare cash for souvenirs and get ready ready for a wildlife encounter of a lifetime.
Frequently Asked Questions
For your safety and comfort, we recommend flat, closed-toe footwear, jacket or rain gear, and sun protection. You should also bring your camera and money for souvenirs.
Humpback whales follow a seasonal migration pattern that brings them to Hervey Bay in the Australian winter (July – October), peaking in August/September.
The Ultimate Whalewatch runs from 2 July to 30 October, with whale sightings guaranteed from 16 July to 9 October.
Ultimate Whalewatch is a small-group, interactive ecotour with a maximum capacity of 40 people. This means no crowds, no jostling for space, and plenty of photo opportunities. Everyone has 3600 panoramic views at water level to see the whales up close and personal.
Every whalewatch is different. More than 21,000 humpbacks migrate to Australia’s eastern coast and over 30% of them stop in Hervey Bay between July and October. That’s a lot of whales for a relatively small area, resulting in some of the best whale watching in the world.
Hydrophones are microphones that crew lowers into the water so that you can hear whales singing (typically called “whale song”).
No. The vessel is not handicapped accessible.
Children must be 6 years old and over for this tour.
Whalewatching is as safe as any boating activity, however you do so at your own risk. the crew are all lifeguard and First Aid/CPR certified, and there is plenty of safety equipment onboard. This tour is not recommended if you have neck or back concerns, or if you are pregnant.
- The Operator reserves the right to reschedule or cancel due to weather, sea state or other circumstances
- All activities are at your own risk. No liability, expressed or implied, rests with The Operator or its subsidiaries or officers
- The Operator is not responsible for any loss or damage to property
- Children under 6 or individuals under 130cm not permitted
- Not recommended for pregnant women or individuals with neck or back concerns
- All tours are subject to minimum numbers
Cancellations at any time: Nil refund
Changes within 48 hrs of departure: Nil refund
No-show: Nil refund
Reviews for Hervey Bay Ultimate Whale Watch
Get Instant Confirmation