- Get up to $20 cash back per person when you book with us
- A full-day tour to Cradle Mountain-Lake St Clair National Park, with 5 hours to explore however you like
- National park entry fees plus access to the shuttle bus to Dove Lake
- Morning & evening stops in Deloraine for breakfast & dinner (not included)
- Trail mix for a midday snack (BYO additional snacks are welcome)
- Transport in an executive class bus with 11 passenger capacity, phone charging ports, climate control, & reclining seats
- Convenient return transfers from selected Hobart accommodation
- Breakfast & dinner
What to Expect
Cradle Mountain-Lake St Clair National Park is a jewel in the crown of Tasmanian natural beauty and wonder. Take a day trip from Hobart with all the logistics taken care of. All you need to do it sit back, relax and enjoy the drive.
You'll leave Hobart early, with a fresh 6:00 am departure giving you the chance to watch the sunrise as you travel. The full drive takes around 4 hrs, but you'll stop around the halfway point for breakfast in Deloraine at Mamma Buzz cafe (not included) – one of the best in Tasmania. Deloraine is best known for its arts and crafts scene and hosts the annual Tasmanian Craft Fair.
Once you arrive at Cradle Mountain-Lake St Clair National Park, you'll have up five hours to explore. This gives you plenty of time to complete one of the challenging hikes up to Marion's Lookout or Hansons Peak, walk the Dove Lake Circuit, or visit Waldheim or the beautiful Enchanted Forest walk. Snack on trail mix to keep your energy up, or feel free to bring some fruit to snack on.
After your national park adventure is over, you'll begin your journey back to Hobart. Admire the stunning sunset before stopping for dinner (not included) at The Empire Hotel in Deloraine. This historic establishment was built around the year 1900 and is a welcoming place for locals and visitors alike.
Continue back to Hobart, arriving around 9:00 pm (and no later than 10:00 pm).
Where we Visit:
- Cradle Mountain-Lake St Clair National Park
- Marion's Lookout
- Hansons Peak
- Dove Lake Circuit
- Enchanted Forest walk
- A 600+km road trip through the heartlands of Tasmania
Frequently Asked Questions
The basics are good shoes and a warm jacket. Your own water bottle is great, but there will be plenty of water provided along the way.
The main thing to consider is the weather. You will travel in a climate-controlled vehicle, but it is Tasmania, so the biggest considerations on any given day are the possibility of strong winds and temperature fluctuations.
A Renault Master Bus 2019 Model Executive Class.
The Renault Master Bus comfortably seats 10 adults plus a Driver. There is provision for an 11th person to sit safely and comfortably on a middle front seat, but they best not be too tall. There is over three cubic meters of luggage capacity, which is plenty for golf bags, suitcases, and other equipment. It has large windows and is a smooth and quiet ride, ideal for touring.
Tasmania is a land of micro-climates and changeable weather. Tours will proceed in all weather unless average weather becomes extreme weather.
Safety and risk assessment will inform any change to a scheduled tour, and this will be discussed with you. In the event of cancellation based on safety and risk, an alternative date will be sought before other options are considered.
As a last resort, 80% of the cost of the tour will be refunded in the event of a cancellation due to bad weather, recognising that significant resource has been expended to justify a partial withholding.
- You will be asked to sign a waiver at the group briefing upon arrival at Cradle Mountain Visitor Information Centre, and prior to boarding the shuttle bus that takes you down to Dove Lake
- It is absolutely paramount that individuals who choose their own trails return at the designated time so that group can leave together on time and we all get back to Hobart at a reasonable hour
- Under no circumstances can The Operator be held responsible for poor weather conditions. Tours and planned experiences will proceed with adaptations to suit the conditions
- Before cancelling your booking, The Operator encourages you to contact them to discuss before doing so, because alternative options may be available (such as rescheduling or voucher for future use)
- If you need to cancel your booking, please contact The Operator in writing, and they will do their best to accommodate your request in line with the “be fair, do right” cancellation policy. They look at these instances on a case-by-case basis.
- If a cancellation is made at short notice due to ill health a medical certificate must be provided and an application made in writing for a full refund less 20%
- A short notice cancellation with a significant impact and no chance to recover the lost business will in all likelihood result in no refund
- A no-show on the day will certainly result in no refund
Reviews for Big Day Out from Hobart to Cradle Mountain
Get Instant Confirmation