On this full day tour from Hobart, taste your way across Bruny Island, visiting renowned artisan producers on an all-inclusive gourmet wilderness adventure! You'll get to discover the spectacular scenery and cultural heritage of Tasmania's favourite island.
Prepared for a delicious day out where you'll enjoy award-winning cheeses, premium wines and beer, freshly shucked oysters, handmade fudge, local honey, and lunch at Pennicott's beachside restaurant with sweeping views of Adventure Bay. Meet and hear the stories of island producers including an exclusive cheese and beer experience at Bruny Island Cheese company and sweet taste sensations from Bruny Island Chocolate Company and Bruny Island Honey. Get Shucked’s famous Bruny oysters will be served alongside lunch. We recommend the premium Tasmanian fish, chips, and salad to keep you fuelled as you continue exploring. Lunch is accompanied by two glasses of quality Tasmanian wine, beer, cider, or juices.
Local guides will share island anecdotes of flora, fauna, and history. You'll also get to see local aboriginal artifacts including the first floating Tasmanian aboriginal canoe since European settlement. Your adventure highlights the unique natural environment of Bruny Island. Take in the glorious views from Neck Lookout, climbing the 240 wooden steps to take in the narrow isthmus between north and south Bruny Island. Step back in time with a walk through the ancient Mavista Rainforest and breathe in the cleanest air as you stroll under the towering canopy. Keep an eye out for the rare white wallabies that thrive on our private reserve.
We suggest wearing warm, comfortable clothing. It's a good idea to bring a jacket and don't forget your camera as there are plenty of photo opportunities!
- 7:45am Depart Hobart
- Bruny Island Ferry crossing
- 9:30am Bruny Island Cheese & Beer Co - an exclusive tasting
- 10:30am The Neck lookout
- 11:15am Mavista rainforest walk and search for white wallabies
- 12:00pm Lunch at Pennicotts - oysters, main meal, and two glasses of wine, beer, cider, or juices
- 1:15pm Visit Bligh Museum
- 1:45pm Two Tree Point beach walk
- 2:15pm HIBA Gardens & Bruny Island Chocolate Company
- 3:45pm Bruny Island Honey - honey ice-cream & take home tasting
- Drive thru Get Shucked Oysters for purchase
- 4:30pm/5:00pm Return ferry
- 5:30pm/6:00pm Arrive in Hobart
This tour departs Hobart at 7:45am daily and can pick up from some Hobart CBD hotels or meet at our Pennicott Wilderness Tour returns to Hobart at 5:30/6:00pm with CBD hotel drop off.