- Hike to Wineglass Bay Beach and enjoy one of Australia's most perfect locations!
- Freycinet National Park
- Wineglass Bay Lookout
- Enjoy fresh oysters at Freycinet Marine Farm
- Reward yourself with a tasty ice cream at Kate’s Berry Farm – delicious!
- National Park entrance fee
- Professional guides & interpretative walk
- Small, friendly groups
- Central Hobart Hotel & Backpacker Hostel pick up and drop off
- Airport drop offs on request with prior arrangement
Wineglass Bay Beach Hike From Hobart
Explore Tasmania's beautiful walking trails and beaches!
• Food and drinks. You may bring your lunch with you or we will stop to give you an opportunity to purchase a bakery-style takeaway lunch on the day.
WHAT TO EXPECT
Freycinet National Park is a hiker's paradise! This walk includes access to Wineglass Bay Lookout and onwards to the Wineglass Bay Beach — one of Tasmania's most celebrated walks and locations!
The tour departs Hobart heading east to the eastern coastline of Tasmania. You'll pass through the seaside towns of Orford and Swansea as you make your way north to Freycinet National Park. Freycinet is one of Tasmania’s first National Parks, famous for its rich and stunning coastal landscapes. Pink Granite Mountains form the backdrop for secluded bays, pristine waters, white sandy beaches, local wildlife, and amazing walking trails.
As you enter the Freycinet peninsula, you'll have a brief stop at the Freycinet Marine Farm for those interested in the local oysters fresh from the surrounding waters. Then it's onwards to the hike.
The first half of the walk today is to the Wineglass Bay Lookout. You can choose to walk to the lookout with a tour guide at a leisurely pace and enjoy the interpretation and discussion along the way, or walk at your own pace and make the most of the time you have in this magical area. The uphill walk to the lookout should take around 45 minutes and from here you are rewarded with views across the Bay. From the lookout, it's a fairly steep downhill hike to reach the beach where you can walk barefoot along the white sand.
The total length of the Wineglass Bay lookout and beach trail return is 6 kilometres and usually takes around 2.5 hours of walk time. The tour permits around 3.5-4 hours for the activity, which provides plenty of time for the main trail and to explore the beach as well. The 20-minute walk to the southern end of the beach is fantastic for those amazing views of The Hazards mountains. Or, enjoy your lunch, relax, and dip in the clear blue waters!
The return walk is a steep uphill hike up to the Lookout, then downhill back to the start of the walking trail, where the tour guide will meet you to return to Hobart. A great beach hike and day out is simply not complete without a stop at the delicious Kate’s Berry Farm. Kate's cafe serves delectable berry ice-creams and other sweet delights with homemade jams, sauces, chocolates, and jellies available. This is the perfect sweet way to finish a Wineglass Bay hiking adventure before returning to Hobart.
The tour will drop you off at your Hobart City accommodation around 6.30 – 7.00 pm. Airport drop offs around 6.00 – 6.30pm – available only with arrangement at time of booking.
This tour is active and visit National Parks and wild areas involve some walking. This tour focuses on the great short walks of Tasmania. Although most of the walks are classified as easy, a suitable level of general health and fitness and physical abilities is essential. All tour participants will be participating in outdoor, active activities and therefore subject to the outdoor weather conditions of the day.
The tour educates all guests on Minimal Impact Bushwalking and the Leave No Trace policy’s before entering our National Parks. They provide accurate interpretation and keep wildlife disturbance to a minimum by viewing from appropriate distances and informing guests how to view wildlife with patience and respect. Activities are always confined to tracks and boardwalks to minimise negative impacts.
Wineglass Bay Beach Hike From Hobart
|11:00AM - 12:00PM|
Monday, 29-04-2016 11:00 AM - 12:00PM
How many participants are there?
What should I bring?
- Day pack
- Water bottle
- Sun hat and sunscreen
- Warm, weatherproof jacket
- Good walking shoes or boots
- Swimmers and a towel, if you are keen to swim
- Appropriate clothing for the weather conditions
- Please note that Tasmanian weather can famously change very quickly so we highly recommend bringing along a few layers even on a summer day!
Is this tour appropriate for children?
Children under 8 years are not permitted to travel.
Does this tour offer hotel pick up/drop off?
Yes, they offer a central city hotel or backpacker hostel pick up. They have a defined hotel pick up list. If your hotel or accommodation is not listed they'll pick up from the nearest hotel from their listing.
Is food and drink included on this tour?
No, they do not supply lunch, snacks, or beverages but stops along the way for you to purchase food to suit your budget and taste.
How difficult is this hike?
You will need a level of fitness and mobility to enjoy these walks and to enjoy your day out with us. Your walk will be fully guided by expert Tour Guides on clearly marked and well-graded tracks with an interpretation emphasis on the natural environment and your surroundings.
- The tour reserves the right to alter the order or inclusions of itineraries for operational and safety reasons. The tour reserves the right cancel tours based on operational or safety reasons. Tours are not suitable for children under 8 years of age and we reserve the right to refuse to carry passengers under this age. The tour reserves the right to use an alternate operator of a similar tour for operational reasons.
- The tour visits National Parks and wild areas that involve some walking. They are suitable for people with a reasonable level of fitness.
- Tasmania is subject to weather conditions that can change quickly at any time of year. The tour operates in the rain and snow, so we recommend that guests bring clothing and footwear suitable for warm, cold, or wet conditions.
- The tour reserves the right to cancel departures if they do not have sufficient numbers of passengers for travel.
- We strongly recommend that passengers travel with travel insurance that protects their financial commitments against illness, injury, loss/damage to personal belongings and travel plans.
- The tour is not held responsible for personal injury or sickness, to any passenger or damage, loss of property or other events.
- The tour will charge: 30 Days - 14 days before departure 25% of tour or package price.
- 13 days - 48hrs before departure 50% of tour or package price.
- Within 48hrs or no shows 100% of tour or package price.
- Best Price Guarantee
- Free & Easy Cancellation
- Up to 10% Cashback
- 100,000 5 Star Reviews