- Get up to $10 cash back per person when you book with us
- A 1 hr 30 min dolphin watching cruise around Jervis Bay
- The chance to jump into the boom net, which is like a cruising spa bath
- Commentary from the crew on the history of the area
- Departs from the meeting point at the cruise terminal at the Portside Cafe
What to Expect
Jervis Bay has been a Marine Park for 20 years and is now one of Australia's most unique and healthy ecosystems. That's why the crystal clear waters of Jervis Bay are home to over 100 Bottlenose Dolphins.
Enjoy the privilege of watching these beautiful mammals. The crew often find pods of dolphins feeding around the reef systems, particularly Plantation Point and Callala. The dolphins sometimes swim and race hundreds of metres to play on the bow. This species is highly recognisable and known for its long snout and distinctive smile.
Then, add some extra fun to your dolphin cruise and enjoy the boom-netting experience!
As you cruise on the pristine waters, watch the crew drop the boom net in the water so you can get wildly wet. An experience like no other, it can only be described as a cruising spa bath that will make you laugh till you cry. Where else can you cruise along a sandy white beach while being gently pulled by the power of a boat!
Summer boom netting is suitable for all ages and all swimming abilities, even those with a disability, as the boat has disabled sea crane access to the boom net. It is popular with family groups, corporate days out and festive season celebrations. The crew is confident the enjoyment and adrenaline rush of boom netting will have you coming back for more!
Where we Visit:
- Jervis Bay
- Plantation Point
- Callala Bay
- Long Beach
Frequently Asked Questions
- Lighter jacket in summer
- Warm jacket in winter as it can get chilly out on the water
- Bottled water
- Swimmers & a towel
The cruise terminal at the Portside Cafe, absolute waterfront.
West of Huskisson public wharf. Look for the large white umbrellas.
A public car park is located close to the Portside Cafe in front of the wharf.
It’s an add on activity during your Dolphin Tour. Port Venture has a net attached to its back which will be lowered into the water while cruising. It can only be described as a cruising ocean spa bath.
Yes, it is. Smaller children can be seated on the parent's lap.
All swimming abilities and those with any type of disability can join the experience.
Port Venture has three wheelchair-accessible toilets.
The vessel used for the Jervis Bay Whale Watching Tour is the Port Venture, which is wheelchair accessible, with three wheelchair-accessible toilets. However, this vessel is tide dependent, and if you require wheelchair access, please contact the Operator. There is also sea crane access to the boom net.
Port Venture has a fully licensed bar and complimentary tea and coffee available.
- Children are to be supervised by an adult at all times
- The Operator reserves the right to cancel or vary any trip and will incur no liability for such cancellation or alterations. Routes may vary at the discretion of the skippers due to wind and sea conditions
- The Operator is unable to accommodate women past their sixth month (24 weeks) of pregnancy
- It is advised that passengers who may experience motion sickness to visit their pharmacy before boarding
- Guests should collect their boarding pass 30 minutes prior to departure from the Service Desk inside the Portside Cafe, & boarding is 15 minutes prior to cruise departure time
- All concession tickets require a valid ID
- Cancellation within 72 hours, on the day or no shows – a 100% cancellation fee applies.
- Refunds are not permitted for late arrivals or non-wildlife sightings
Reviews for Jervis Bay Dolphin & Boom Netting Cruise
Get Instant Confirmation