- Go off-road on a guided tour riding an electric fat bike!
- Designed to carry adventurous riders out into wild places not normally accessible to bicycles
- Unique access backcountry at Little Sahara
- See wild koalas and learn about their habits and peculiarities
- Safety gear (helmets and bicycle gloves)
Kangaroo Island Electric Fat Bike Tour
Explore wild places not normally accessible to bicycles!
WHAT TO EXPECT
Fat bikes are designed to carry adventurous riders into wild places not normally accessible to bicycles. This guided tour on Kangaroo Island provides you with an electric bike with extra-wide 4-5 inch tires on an 80mm-100mm wide rim to help you float through sand, mud, and other variable terrains.
With 18 gears to choose from, you can pedal effortlessly or ride faster, the tour will be adapted to you and your riding style. The tour will provide all the safety gear you need, including helmets and bicycle gloves. All you need to bring is a camera, closed shoes and a sense of adventure. This tour is suitable for those who have ridden a bicycle before — from casual riders to avid cyclists — every tour is adapted to the rider's abilities and interests.
Immerse yourself in nature, winding through the bush trails and enjoying the chorus of birds. Experience the serenity as you ride alongside the Eleanor River keeping your eyes peeled for Koalas nestled in the Gum trees. You will see other wildlife along the way and learn about their habits and peculiarities.
Take photos of the amazing landscapes and native Australian animals that you see on the tour. Enjoy a conversation with your local guide, getting insider knowledge on the best places for you to go while on Kangaroo Island. Depending on the season, taste the unique flavours of native bush foods that are commonly used only in 5-star restaurants.
Cycle through the sand dunes and enjoy the sense of fulfillment as you reach the top, and of course, gliding down the dune. Arrive back with memories, a sense of accomplishment, and amazing photos to share with your family and friends. You will be able to talk about your adventure for years to come.
Kangaroo Island Electric Fat Bike Tour
|11:00AM - 12:00PM|
Monday, 29-04-2016 11:00 AM - 12:00PM
How many participants are there?
What is a fat bike?
A Fat Bike is similar to a Mountain Bike with oversized tyres. With bigger tyres you can traverse muddy, sandy, and rocky tracks much easier than on a traditional mountain bike, and they’re ideal for riding on the sand at Little Sahara. Riding a Fat Bike is more confidence-inspiring than a standard bike as they roll over obstacles easier, have much better grip, and provide a soft suspended ride.
Where does the tour start?
The tour begins and ends at Little Sahara, 3733 South Coast Road, Vivonne Bay, Kangaroo Island.
What is provided?
- An experienced guide to take you safely on your Adventure Tour
- An amazing Fat Bike equipped with 20-speed gears and disc brakes
- Australian Standards approved cycling helmet
What should I bring?
We suggest bringing a small backpack to carry your personal items:
- A change of clothes if the weather is wet
- A raincoat if it looks like rain
I don't ride very much, will I be okay?
The tour welcomes and encourages riders of all levels of fitness and skill. The tour will adjust the bike to suit you and brief you thoroughly on its features and controls to make sure you get the most out of your tour. If you can ride a bike we’ll make sure you’ll have a great time
What ages can ride on a fat bike?
The tour haa Fat Bikes that will suit riders from 8 years to 106 years of age. The smallest bikes feature 20-inch wheels (BMX size), our medium bikes feature 24-inch wheels and the adult bikes (small, medium, and large) feature 26-inch wheels.
- Agree to accept all risks associated with the activity including the possibility of injury, death, trauma, loss or damage; agree and acknowledge that, to the fullest extent permitted by law, the tour is not liable for any injury, death, trauma, loss or damage suffered by me arising from my participation in the activities; release the tour from all claims in respect of injury, death, trauma loss or damage and indemnify the tour against all claims made by or on behalf of any other person.
- Acknowledge that the pre-existing medical or other conditions disclosed to the tour are the only conditions that may affect my ability to participate in the activities or increase the risk of injury, death, trauma, loss, or damage to myself or some other person and that the tour has relied on the information.
- Acknowledge and fully understand the dangers to myself and other persons associated with the consumption of alcohol or mind-altering substances before or during the activities conducted by the tour and accept full responsibility for any injury, trauma, loss, or damage to myself or other persons arising out of my consumption of alcohol or mind-altering substances. Obey Rules and Directions o I agree to obey and comply with all rules and directions made or given by the tour in connection with the kayaking, surfing, quad riding, vehicle, walking, sandboarding, tobogganing, and/or other activities or tours.
- Acknowledge that the tour reserves the right to refuse permission for any person to ride where, in the opinion of the tour, and safety standards could be compromised. The decision of the tour on these matters is final and no refund applies.
- Full credit card details are required to be held as security with the hire of any product. These details will be held against damage to or theft of the equipment. The details will be destroyed when the equipment is returned in good order; agree that the equipment is in good condition at the time of hire and will return it in the same condition at the conclusion of the hire period.