- Get up to $15 cash back per person when you book with us
- Amazing wildlife encounters!
- Two-hour snorkel tour with dolphins and seals
- Wetsuits, masks, towels, snorkel, and fins
- Option to view only, without getting in the water
- Informative guide to teach you about the area and wildlife
Kangaroo Island Ocean Safari - Snorkelling TourSwim with seals and dolphins, or spot wildlife from the boat!
What to Expect
Swim and snorkel with wild dolphins and seals and see some of Kangaroo Island's stunning coastline! Arrive at Christmas Cove Marina in Penneshaw where you will be fitted into a wetsuit, mask, snorkel, and flippers and provided with a safety briefing. Then jump on board a 12 seater vessel in search of the marine life that inhabits the incredible coastline.
Spot the cheeky seals lounging on the rocks or playing in the water. Then dive in with them! These curious seals can be quite interactive and playful and are super fun to snorkel with! This tour is the only operator in South Australia that provides the opportunity to swim with the long-nosed seals. The tour will help you spot dolphin pods that live in the coastal waters. If they're feeling playful, you'll also be able to swim alongside them in the wild. A swimmer line with buoys is often used at the back of the vessel for the dolphin swim so you have something to hold onto. Your friendly tour guide will provide informative commentary along the way. This is a truly unforgettable wildlife encounter!
If you're not into snorkeling, join the tour as a view only experience! You can still enjoy watching dolphins and seals play in the water. The boat ride itself is incredible. Travel along the beautiful coastline and enjoy the informative commentary from your guide. Don't forget your camera so that you can snap a pic of the seals sunbathing on the rocks. They usually like to play with the swimmers in the water while the dolphins like to ride the waves alongside the vessel. You'll also have the opportunity to spot an abundance of birdlife including eagles, gulls, and cormorants. This is a great family activity to do on Kangaroo Island and a once in a lifetime wildlife experience!
Frequently Asked Questions
Children MUST be 9 years or older to participate in the swim with dolphins but children 8 years and over can participate in coastal snorkelling.
All bookings are subject to change due to poor weather conditions.
Boat & Snorkel Conditions:
- Guests must be of reasonable fitness to participate in the activity (ie be able to climb a ladder onto vessel)
- Guests must have reasonable swimming ability
- Please note an electronic device is used whilst guests are in the water that may interfere with other electronic devices.
- This activity is NOT suitable for those who have a pacemaker
- Children under the age of 8 are not permitted to enter the water
- Children over the age of 8 can participate however must be accompanied in the water with a parent / guardian at all times
- Guests are to arrive at Christmas Cove Marina, Penneshaw, 30 minutes prior to departure to be fitted into appropriate wetsuit & flippers
- A FULL refund is provided to guests if the tour is cancelled due to poor weather conditions and an alternative time is not established to undertake the tour
- NO refund is provided to guests for non-attendance at scheduled tour time
- Guests can reschedule the tour if required, however need to ensure that more than 48 hours' notice is provided to Kangaroo Island Ocean Safari via telephone confirmation. All bookings cancelled within 48 hours of the scheduled departure, will incur a 50% charge of tour cost Maximum 3 passengers per helicopter. Each passenger not to exceed 120kg, total maximum weight for the flight is not to exceed 280kg including any baggage. Flights and boat departure are subject to weather, weight, and the pilot/skipper in command
Why book with us?
- Best Price Guarantee
- Free & Easy Cancellation
- Up to 10% Cashback
- 100,000 5 Star Reviews
- Book Securely