- Get up to $15 cash back per person when you book with us
- Amazing wildlife encounters!
- Two-hour snorkel tour with dolphins and seals
- Wetsuit, mask, snorkel, and flippers
- Option to view only, without getting in the water
- Informative guide to teach you about the area and wildlife
What to Expect
Swim and snorkel with wild dolphins and seals and see some of Kangaroo Island's stunning coastline! Arrive at Christmas Cove Marina in Penneshaw where you will be fitted into a wetsuit, mask, snorkel, and flippers and provided with a safety briefing. Then jump on board the vessel in search of the marine life that inhabits the incredible coastline.
Spot the cheeky seals lounging on the rocks or playing in the water. Then dive in with them! These curious seals can be quite interactive and playful and are super fun to snorkel with! This tour is the only operator in South Australia that provides the opportunity to swim with the long-nosed seals. The tour will help you spot dolphin pods that live in the coastal waters. If they're feeling playful, you'll also be able to swim alongside them in the wild. A swimmer line with buoys is often used at the back of the vessel for the dolphin swim so you have something to hold onto. Your friendly tour guide will provide informative commentary along the way. This is a truly unforgettable wildlife encounter!
If you're not into snorkeling, join the tour as a view only experience! You can still enjoy watching dolphins and seals play in the water. The boat ride itself is incredible. Travel along the beautiful coastline and enjoy the informative commentary from your guide. Don't forget your camera so that you can snap a pic of the seals sunbathing on the rocks. They usually like to play with the swimmers in the water while the dolphins like to ride the waves alongside the vessel. You'll also have the opportunity to spot an abundance of birdlife including eagles, gulls, and cormorants. This is a great family activity to do on Kangaroo Island and a once in a lifetime wildlife experience!
Please bring a warm jacket! There will be waterproof jackets on board, but you can put your warm jacket over the top when getting out the water.
Frequently Asked Questions
Children MUST be 9 years or older to participate in the swim with dolphins but children 8 years and over can participate in coastal snorkelling.
Yes. This swim takes place in open water, therefore it is recommended you have reasonable swimming ability.
All bookings are subject to change due to poor weather conditions.
Boat & Snorkel Conditions:
- Guests must be of reasonable fitness to participate in the activity (ie be able to climb a ladder onto vessel)
- Guests must have reasonable swimming ability
- Please note an electronic device is used whilst guests are in the water that may interfere with other electronic devices
- This activity is NOT suitable for those who have a pacemaker
- Children must be 9 years or older to enter the water. Child prices apply to children aged 3-12 years.
- Children over the age of 8 can participate however must be accompanied in the water with a parent / guardian at all times
- Food is not permitted on the vessel
- Water temperature is between 14-15 degrees. Expect it to be refreshing. You are provided with wetsuits, and it’s compulsory to wear these whilst in the water. We recommend children under 14 get fitted with 2 wetsuits.
- A swimmer line with buoys is often used at the back of the vessel for the dolphin swim. You may be required to hold onto this line at times with the vessel moving which will require upper body strength.
- These are wild animals and experiences change daily. It's all up to the animals as to how interactive they become.
- Guests are to arrive at the Kangaroo Island Visitor Information Centre 30 minutes prior to departre for wetsuit fittings. The Information Centre is located directly opposite Christmas Cove Marina, Penneshaw.
- This activity is not suitable for those with a pacemaker or those who are pregnant due to the electronic devices being used in the water whilst participating in the swim.
- Please note that this swim takes place in open water, therefore it is recommended you have reasonable swimming ability.
- A FULL refund is provided to guests if the tour is cancelled due to poor weather conditions and an alternative time is not established to undertake the tour
- NO refund is provided to guests for non-attendance at scheduled tour time
- Guests can reschedule the tour if required, however need to ensure that more than 48 hours' notice is provided to Kangaroo Island Ocean Safari via telephone confirmation. All bookings cancelled within 48 hours of the scheduled departure, will incur a 50% charge of tour cost Maximum 3 passengers per helicopter. Each passenger not to exceed 120kg, total maximum weight for the flight is not to exceed 280kg including any baggage. Flights and boat departure are subject to weather, weight, and the pilot/skipper in command
- If wildlife does not permit you to go into the water on your tour and you are unable to participate in coastal snorkelling, we will provide a refund back to the viewing price
Reviews for Kangaroo Island Ocean Safari - Snorkelling Tour
Get Instant Confirmation