- Select inner city pick up and drop off points
- Entry into Koala Conservation Reserve
- Coastal beach walk
- Visit Seal Rocks boardwalk and explore The Nobbies Centre
- Small-group tour in air-conditioned modern vehicle
- Experienced professional driver/guide
- Any meals not indicated - breakfast/lunch/dinner at own expense
- Travel insurance highly recommended
- Personal expenses
What to Expect
Enjoy pristine Phillip Island with a coastal walk along Woolamai Beach (weather permitting) and watch surfers tackle powerful waves. Explore the Nobbies boardwalk, spot a colony of seals and penguin burrows. Then head to the penguin parade in time for sunset. It`s a truly unforgettable experience. Please note photos are not permitted during the penguin parade.
Escape the concrete jungle of Melbourne for a day, and head to Phillip Island Koala Reserve, where you will meet some of Australia's most famous furry friends and take a walk through the woodland with a ranger.
Tour the full length of Phillip Island, known for its natural beauty, sandy beaches, rugged cliffs and unique wildlife experiences. Be amazed by the powerful surf at Woolamai beach and rugged coastline of Cape Woolamai as we enjoy some afternoon tea and biscuits. In the hot summer months, a visit to the beach will help us cool down.
Explore the far Western tip known as the Nobbies, two ancient volcanoes that shaped the end of the island creating a majestic rocky coast, home to a colony of fur seals. Take time-out to immerse yourself in the interactive WWF Antarctic Journey (optional add-on), experience this state -of-the-art fun, educational and virtual world of discovery, located beneath the Nobbies Centre. Stroll along the boardwalk checking penguin burrows for life. Browse the award-winning Visitor Centre and as the sun fades, witness the world`s smallest penguins emerge from the sea and waddle ashore. It's a truly unforgettable experience.
- Duration: 8.5 hours
- Departure point: Immigration Museum, 400 Flinders St, Cnr Market St, Melbourne
- Departs: Melbourne 11.45am Apr-Sept or 1.45pm Oct-Mar
- Returns: Melbourne 10pm approx. Apr-Sept or midnight approx. Oct-Mar
This tour is affected by daylight savings hours, and departure time changes to maximize the sunset experience. Please arrive 5-10 mins prior to you nominated pickup time so as not to delay or miss your tour.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Refillable water bottle
- Hat, sunscreen and sunglasses
- All-weather warm clothing ie.windbreaker, raincoat
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Small day bag 5-7kg
- Money for snack and meals
- Camera to capture every moment
Customers shall comply with all Government (Federal, State and Territory) COVID entry restrictions and vaccination guidelines or testing requirements for entry into Australia and/or at the time of travel for tour and transport services. Our business is a fully vaccinated workplace.
No photography or filming is permitted at the Penguin Parade. Penguins have sensitive eyes and a bright, sudden flash or unusual light can frighten or disorientate a penguin.
- In the event of rain or inclement weather, your experience will still go ahead, unless contacted by the provider.
The child age for this tour is 0-12. Infants aged 0 to 4 are not permitted to travel on adult laps and must be safely restrained within a child protective seat. Infant protective seats must be requested.
- Although every effort is made, the supplier shall not be liable for any illness, injury, damages, loss, delay or failure to join the tour that may occur due to factors beyond our control. We highly recommend all passenger have travel insurance coverage.
- The supplier retains the right to alter routes, itineraries, bus types and configurations, fares adjustments, days of operation or even cancel tours if unforeseen circumstances occur. Other accredited tour operators may be used on some tours.
- The customer shall comply with all Government (Federal, State and Territory) COVID entry restrictions and vaccination guidelines or testing requirements for entry into Australia and/or at the time of travel for tour and transport services. Where the customer is not vaccinated and/or tested prior to departure, the customer will forfeit any and all monies paid and GLT holds the right to refuse to board. Where the customer cancels due to travel restrictions other than vaccination or testing requirements, the operator shall have the discretion to
- (a) offer a refund or credit voucher (to be used at a later time); or
(b) to forfeit any and all monies paid by the customer.
For the purposes of (a), the operator reserves the right to withhold such a reasonable sum to cover administrative expenses and other losses, dependent on when notice of cancellation is given by the customer.
- Child Policy: Child fare prices apply from 0 to 12 years old. Infants aged 0 to 4 are not permitted to travel on adult laps and must be safely restrained within a child protective seat. Infant protective seats are free of charge and must be requested at the time of booking. Please note our vehicles do not have the storage to accommodate prams or strollers, these must be left at your hotel or accommodation.
In the event that a booking is cancelled, the following fees will apply:
(a) Flexible Date Changes – unlimited supply of free date changes available up until 7-days prior to departure; or
(b) 2 to 7-days prior to departure:
- we will hold 100% of the deposit paid by you as a credit voucher, valid for redemption within 3-years from the date of purchase
- any credit voucher resulting from cancellation may be applied towards any other tour operated by GLT within Australia; or
(c) 8-days or more prior to departure,
- we will refund the balance paid by you in connection to your booking less any unrecoverable costs; or
(d) failure to board on tour or cancelled within 2-days/48-hrs will result in full fare forfeiture of the ticket price and not eligible for a refund; or
(e) cancellation prior to departure due to you having COVID-19/ “flu-like symptoms”, supported by a medical certificate, we will refund 100% of monies paid by you either directly or via your booking agent.
- Adina Apartment Hotel - 189 Queen St Melbourne
- Base Backpackers - 17 Carlisle St St Kilda
- Holiday Inn - 575 Flinders Lane Melbourne
- Immigration Museum - 400 Flinders St Cnr Market St Melbourne
- Newport Bus Interchange - Mason St Newport
- Pegasus Apart Hotel - 206 ABeckett St Melbourne
- Pullman Albert Park - 63-65 Queens Road Albert Park
- Space Hotel - 380 Russell St Melbourne
- The Savoy Hotel - 630 Little Collins St Melbourne
- The Village Melbourne - 167 Franklin St Anthony St Melbourne
- YHA Melbourne Metro - 78 Howard St North Melbourne
Reviews for Phillip Island Penguin Parade Day Tour
Get Instant Confirmation