- Get up to $15 cash back per person when you book with us
- A small-group tour to Rayner’s Orchard in the Yarra Valley
- A tractor tour of the orchard, combined with fruit picking & tasting
- 3 tour options to choose from, to make the most of your Rayner’s Orchard experience
- Option 1 – Dandenong Ranges & Puffing Billy, including train ride & Devonshire Tea
- Option 2 – Yarra Valley Wineries, including wine tasting at 2 wineries
- Option 3 – Healesville Wildlife Sanctuary, including entry to the sanctuary
- Transport in a comfortable 12-seater mini-bus
- Convenient return transfers from selected Melbourne accommodation
Rayner’s Orchard Tour with OptionsDiscover the boutique Rayner’s Orchard in the Yarra Valley, choosing from 3 tour options to get the most out of your day out.
What to Expect
Choose from three tour options that take you to Rayner's Orchard, as well as other popular attractions or activities in the region.
Rayner's Orchard is a unique boutique orchard located in the beautiful Yarra Valley. They grow 450 varieties of fruit, including peaches, nectarines, plums, apricots, tamarillo, pomegranate, persimmon, figs, Pepino, feijoa, guava, kiwi fruit, dutch medlar and various citrus throughout winter. Rayner's Orchard has at least eight varieties of fruit ready for picking every day of the year.
Each visit to the orchard includes a tractor tour, riding through the fruit groves to learn about the farming practices and discover what real fruit tastes like, fresh from the tree. After the tractor tour, you will have time to visit their shop and cafe.
Other inclusions vary with the different options.
Option 1 – Rayner's Orchard with Dandenong Ranges & Puffing Billy – 9 hrs
The first option includes a visit to the Dandenong Ranges and a ride on the Puffing Billy. Start with a short stroll through the magnificent rain forest, where if you're quiet enough, you might spot the elusive lyrebird. After, enjoy a delicious Devonshire Tea with wattle seed scones while you take in the splendours of our natural wonderland.
Then, make your way to the Puffing Billy. This century-old steam train continues to run on its original mountain track from Belgrave to Gembrook in the magnificent Dandenong Ranges. Step back in time as you enjoy this authentic experience, with lush fern gullies brushing past and Mountain Ash trees towering overhead. It makes for a wonderful opportunity to relax and breathe in the fresh air whilst the train makes its way through the temperate rainforest.
In the afternoon, you'll make your way to the orchard for your fun experience there.
Option 2 – Rayner's Orchard with Yarra Valley Wineries – 7 hrs 30 min
Wine lovers will enjoy this option that includes the orchard plus wine tastings at 2 Yarra Valley wineries. However, the first stop is for sweet tooths, visiting the Yarra Valley Chocolaterie & Ice Creamery factory, where you will be able to sample some sweet treats and watch them making the chocolates.
Then, the first vineyard, Yering Station, is the oldest in the Yarra Valley, established in 1938 by the pioneering Ryrie brothers. The large and welcoming cellar door is housed in the original winery building, and the staff will take you on a personalised wine journey, matching your tastes and preferences to the perfect drop.
Next is a smaller winery, Punt Road. It's a family-owned establishment with more than 150 acres of estate-grown vineyards. After your wine tasting here, there's the option to head over to the Orchard Bar for a cider tasting paddle (own expense).
Finally, the afternoon is spent at the orchard, learning more about the fruit and tasting it fresh from the trees.
Option 3 – Healesville Wildlife Sanctuary – 9 hrs
The last option includes a visit and entry to Healesville Wildlife Sanctuary – it's ideal for wildlife lovers and families. Explore the 70-acre bushland haven to experience close-up encounters with some of Australia's unique and endearing wildlife, including koalas and kangaroos, wombats, emus, dingoes, birds of prey and platypus.
Set in a beautiful natural environment, it offers a place for people and animals to reconnect with nature from the creek to the canopy and plays a critical role in saving some of the world's most endangered animals.
There are various presentations and shows for you to choose from, including the Spirits of the Sky. When you get hungry, you can take advantage of the picnic facilities with BYO lunch, or there's also a bistro on-site with delicious meals for purchase.
Where we Visit:
- Rayner's Orchard
- Other destinations vary with tour choice
- Dandenong Ranges
- The Puffing Billy
- Yarra Valley Chocolaterie & Ice Creamery
- Yering Station
- Punt Road
- Healesville Wildlife Sanctuary
- Rayner’s Orchard Tour – Yarra Valley Wineries
FromAUD $165Check AvailabilityNext available 07 Dec 2022
- Rayner’s Orchard Tour – Healesville Wildlife Sanctuary
FromAUD $175Check AvailabilityNext available 09 Dec 2022
- Rayner’s Orchard Tour – Dandenong Ranges and Puffing Billy
FromAUD $185Check AvailabilityNext available 01 Oct 2023
Frequently Asked Questions
- Hat, sunglasses and sunscreen
- Rain jacket (just in case)
- Warm clothes (just in case)
- Camera (spare battery and memory card – you will need it)
- Phone charger and cable
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Route and stops might vary due to unforeseen circumstances
- Tours may change or be cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances
- The Operator does not take responsibility for any injuries sustained whilst on the tour and all activities are done at your own risk
- Passengers must be waiting outside the front of your selected pick-up location 5 minutes prior to your pick up time. The pick up time might vary due to traffic conditions and seatbelts MUST be worn while travelling in the vehicle
- Cancellations up to 7 days prior to the trip will incur a cancellation fee of 25% tour price (if booked via agent extra cancellation fees might apply)
- Cancellations within 7 days result in loss of full fee
- Date or tour changes are permitted up to 7 days prior to the current tour booked, subject to availability
- Failing to attend the tour, or arriving late at the pickup point will result in loss of all money paid
Reviews for Rayner’s Orchard Tour with Options
Why book with us?
- Best Price Guarantee
- Free & Easy Cancellation
- Up to 10% Cashback
- 100,000 5 Star Reviews
- Book Securely