- Get up to $40 cash back per person when you book with us
- A 3-day small-group exploration along the iconic Great Ocean Road
- Stops at highlights including Bells Beach, Erskine Falls, Lorne, Otway Forest, & Loch Ard Gorge
- See the 12 Apostles at sunset
- 2-nights accommodation in a shared dorm room, with shared facilities
- Entry to Otway Fly Treetop Adventure & its treetop walk, including a ziplining adventure
- Morning tea, chilled water, & fresh fruit each day
- Transport in a comfortable 12-seater mini-bus, letting you go places large tour buses can't
- Convenient return transfers from selected Melbourne accommodation
- Optional helicopter ride over the 12 Apostles
What to Expect
This immersive 3-day experience along the Great Ocean Road is the best way to experience everything this destination has to offer. See icons like the 12 Apostles, visit quaint seaside towns, and fly through the treetops of the Otway rainforest on a thrilling zipline adventure. Plus, you'll enjoy the unique experience of the 12 Apostles at sunset.
Your tour starts with convenient collection from a range of Melbourne hotel locations in the CBD. The pick-ups are early to avoid the traffic and beat the crowds.
The first stop on Day 1 is Torquay, the iconic surf town and a great place to enjoy morning tea. Just out of town is Bells Beach, one of the most famous surf breaks in Victoria with breathtaking views from the clifftop – keep an eye out for kangaroos while you're here!
Satisfy your sweet tooth with a stop at the Great Ocean Road Chocolaterie & Ice Creamery, before making another stop in Anglesea, a quaint town with sprawling beaches, towering cliffs, and coastal walking trails.
Soak up some fresh air in Aireys Inlet, with a visit to Split Point lighthouse & boardwalk, which stands high above the Shipwreck Coast. You might even recognise it as the lighthouse from Aussie TV favourite, Round the Twist!
To round out the morning, you'll also visit Fairhaven Beach, the longest beach on the Great Ocean Road; Memorial Arch, which honours the returned soldiers who helped build the road after World War 1; and Erskine Falls, which cascades 30 metres into a beautiful gully.
Stop for lunch (own expense) in Lorne, where you'll have time to explore the town, shops, and beach, taking in the fresh air and discovering the buzzing arts community.
With full bellies, the journey continues. Stretch your legs with a stop at Sheoak Falls, where the walking track winds its way through woodlands to the stunning hidden cascades of the waterfalls. Along the way, you'll stop at various scenic lookouts along the road, so keep your camera handy to capture these amazing views. Keep a lookout for koalas in the Kennett River area and watch for wild parrots.
As you approach Apollo Bay, stop at Marriners Lookout. Take the easy 10-minute walk from the car park for incredible views of the ocean, beach, hinterland, and town. You might even spot hang-gliders taking off from this popular launch site!
Finally, arriving in Apollo Bay, you'll have time to explore the town, maybe take a swim, and stop at one of the many restaurants for dinner (not included). You'll spend the night at Apollo Bay Echo YHA or similar backpacker accommodation.
It's an early start to the day, departing your Apollo Bay accommodation at 8:00 am. The first stop is Maits Rest, an easy 800-metre walk through temperate rainforest that will get your blood flowing. See the beautiful fern gardens and giant trees as old as 300 years.
Take a trip back in time with a stop at Cape Otway Lightstation, the oldest surviving lighthouse on mainland Australia. It was built in 1848 and sits 90 metres above the pristine ocean of Bass Strait. From winter to spring, this is an excellent vantage point for spotting migrating whales.
Then, breathe in even more fresh sea air at Castle Cove Lookout before exploring the Otway Forest. Finally, stop in Lavers Hill, a charming rainforest town, for lunch (not included).
After lunch, the tour arrives at the Otway Fly Treetop Adventure. Take the Treetop Walk, a 600 metre-long, 25-30-metre-high elevated walkway that provides unrivalled views of the unique beauty of the region's flora and fauna from the rainforest floor up into the soaring heights of the treetops. You'll also do the thrilling Zip Line Tour that features 8 cloud stations, 6 flights and 2 suspension bridges.
Your overnight stop is at Port Campbell, where you'll head to next to check in and enjoy some free time. Then, it's back on the bus to view the sunset over the 12 Apostles – it's incredible enough during the daytime, but golden hour takes the experience to another level. Once it's dark, head back to Port Campbell for a well-earned night's rest.
Start the day on a high with the first stop – the Gibson Steps. They're carved into the cliffs and give you access to the beach where the 12 Apostles sit offshore. Weather permitting, you can walk along the beach to see two stacks from ground level, putting their impressive grandeur into perspective. Then, marvel at the daytime view of the 12 Apostles rising majestically from the Southern Ocean as they battle the unforgiving waves.
You'll also have the option to add on a scenic helicopter flight here, too, weather and availability permitting.
Visit Loch Ard Gorge, Razorback, and Island Archway, followed by The Arch, then London Bridge. These impressive rock formations are a marvel to see and are interspersed with beautiful beaches and scenic views. Finally, stop at The Grotto, an enchanting formation that's a mix of a blowhole, cave, and archway.
Round out the morning in the tiny town of Peterborough, which is home to the Bay of Martyrs and the Bay of Islands, both of which boast sheer cliffs, rock stacks, and an abundance of wildflowers.
Enjoy lunch (not included) back in Port Campbell, exploring the beach and shops before returning to Melbourne via Colac and the inland dairy farm country.
Where we Visit:
- Bells Beach
- Great Ocean Road Chocolaterie & Ice Creamery
- Aireys Inlet and the Split Point Lighthouse
- Memorial Arch
- Erskine Falls
- Sheoak Waterfalls
- Marriner's Lookout
- Apollo Bay
- Maits Rest
- Cape Otway Lighthouse
- Castle Cove
- Otway Forest
- Lavers Hill
- Otway Fly Treetop Adventure
- Port Campbell
- The 12 Apostles
- Gibson Steps
- Loch Ard Gorge, Razorback, Island Archway
- The Arch
- London Bridge
- The Grotto
- Bay of Martyrs
- Bay of Islands
Frequently Asked Questions
- Hat, sunglasses and sunscreen
- Rain jacket (just in case)
- Warm clothes (just in case)
- Camera (spare battery and memory card – you will need it)
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Route and stops might vary due to unforeseen circumstances
- Tours may change or be cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances
- The Operator does not take responsibility for any injuries sustained whilst on the tour and all activities are done at your own risk
- Passengers must be waiting outside the front of your selected pick-up location 5 minutes prior to your pick up time. The pickup time might vary due to traffic conditions and seatbelts MUST be worn while travelling in the vehicle
- The minimum age for the Treetop Adventure is 5 years of age & a minimum height of 125cm tall, & all children under 13 years must be accompanied by an adult. The maximum weight is 120kgs fully clothed
- Cancellations up to 7 days prior to the trip will incur a cancellation fee of 25% tour price (if booked via agent extra cancellation fees might apply)
- Cancellations within 7 days result in loss of full fee
- Date or tour changes are permitted up to 7 days prior to the current tour booked, subject to availability
- Failing to attend the tour, or arriving late at the pickup point will result in loss of all money paid
- Adara East Melbourne
- Adina Apartment Hotel on Flinders
- Adina Apartment Hotel Queen Street
- Alto Hotel
- Atlantis Hotel
- Base Backpackers
- Batman's Hill on Collins
- Bayview Eden
- Bayview on the Park
- best western melbourne city (formerly called pensione hotel)
- Causeway 353
- Causeway Inn On The Mal
- Citadines on Bourke
- City Centre Budget Hotel,
- City Tempo
- Clarion Suites Gateway
- Coffee Palace
- Cosmopolitan Hotel
- Crossley Hotel Melbourne
- Crown Metropol Melbourne
- Crown Promenade Melbourne,
- Crown Towers Melbourne
- Crowne Plaza Melbourne
- Dockland Apartments
- Docklands Executive Apartments
- Exford Hotel
- Flinder's Street Sation. Elizabeth street entrance
- Fraser Place
- Grand Chancellor
- Grand Hyatt
- Great Southern Hotel
- Habitat HQ
- Holiday Inn
- Home At The Mansion
- Hotel Causeway
- Hotel Discovery
- ibis budget Melbourne CBD
- ibis Melbourne Hotel and Apartments, Therry Street
- ibis Melbourne Little Bourke Street
- ibis Styles Kingsgate Hotel, King Street
- ibis Styles Melbourne, The Victoria Hotel,
- InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto
- Jasper hotel
- King Street Backpackers
- Langham Melbourne
- Mantra 100 Exhibition
- Mantra on Jolimont
- Mantra on Little Bourke
- Mantra on Russell
- Mantra on the Park
- Mecure Welcome
- Melbourne Marriott Hotel
- Mercure Melbourne Treasury Gardens
- Miami Hotel Melbourne
- Nomads Industry
- Novotel Melbourne on Collins,
- Novotel Melbourne St Kilda,
- Nunnery Accommodation
- Oaks on Collins
- Oaks on Lonsadale
- Oaks on Market
- Oaks on Williams
- Parkview Hotel
- Pegasus Apart'Hotel
- Pullman Melbourne Albert Park
- Pullman Melbourne On The Park,
- Radisson on Flagstaff Gardens Melbourne,
- Ritz Backpackers
- Rydges Melbourne
- Seasons Heritage Melbourne
- Sebel Melbourne
- Sebel Melbourne Docklands
- Sebel Melbourne Flinders Lane
- Sofitel Melbourne on Collins
- Somerset on Elizabeth Melbourne
- Space Hotel
- St Paul's Cathedral, Flinders Street.
- St Pauls Cathedral, Flinders Street.
- Stamford Plaza Melbourne
- Swanston Hotel Melbourne Grand Mercure
- Travelodge Hotel Docklands
- Travelodge Southbank
- Urban Central
- Vibe Savoy Hotel Melbourne,
- Westin Melbourne
- YHA Melbourne Central
- YHA Melbourne Metro
Reviews for 3 Day Great Ocean Road Adventure
Get Instant Confirmation