- Get up to $10 cash back per person when you book with us
- Admission to the Irukandji Shark & Ray Encounters interactive aquarium
- Entry to the shallow lagoon for an in-water animal interaction with sharks & rays, including shark food
- Interesting & informative animal talks to learn more about the wonderful world of the ocean
- Departs from the meeting point at 2 Jessie Rd, Anna Bay
- Wear & Keep souvenir socks
- Upgraded wildlife experience
WHAT TO EXPECT
Irukandji Shark & Ray Encounters is an incredible interactive aquarium. Your entry pass includes walking around the aquarium and educational talks by knowledgeable fish keepers. However, this experience is not just viewing the animals, including sharks and rays – you'll get up close and personal! Pet them, feed them and join the exciting Shallows Encounter.
Enjoy the sandy beaches surrounded by many curious, friendly sharks & rays whilst staying (mostly) dry – only getting your feet or legs wet. Physically stepping into the water with these marine animals brings a whole new level of excitement. Plus, it gives the animals a chance to display their endearing personalities & steal the hearts of visitors they meet. You'll quickly develop a passion and stewardship, making for a life-long love and understanding of these misunderstood species and the ocean ecosystem.
Swimwear is not needed or permitted on its own; clothes should be worn at all times. Shorts or skirts (or pants you can roll up) are recommended for this activity. Guests are welcome to wade into the lagoon barefoot; however, the animals can be curious about toes (especially as they can be mistaken for tasty squid!). Wear & Keep souvenir socks are an optional $5 to wear into the lagoon and are safe for the animals while camouflaging your toes from inquisitive mouths. These are recommended if you're feeling nervous.
The facility also works with Sea Shelter, a not-for-profit organisation dedicated to research, rescue, release, rehabilitation and regeneration of the ocean and its amazing creatures. It's the home for Sea Shelter's rescued animals while they are nursed back to health until they're ready to be released back into their home.
Allow two hours for the whole experience. However, Irukandji is the perfect location for a picnic lunch under the trees; feel free to bring your own lunch, or small snacks are also available to purchase onsite. There's also a gift shop where you can buy a range of gifts, including toys, clothing, books, home decor, jewellery, and educational books.
Where we Visit:
Irukandji Shark & Ray Encounters
Irukandji Entry Pass with Shallows Encounter & Shark Food
|11:00AM - 12:00PM|
Monday, 29-04-2016 11:00 AM - 12:00PM
How many participants are there?
Minimum unit order: 1 persons.
2 Adults + 2 Children:
What should I bring?
Hats, reef-friendly sunscreen, cameras (underwater cameras are great!), clothes (t-shirts & shorts or skirts)
- No child or children aged 16 or under will be admitted unless they are accompanied by an adult who is 16 years or over. Such child or children whilst on site must remain under the control or supervision of an adult at all times
- Children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult at all times during the Shallows Encounter
- The Operator will endeavour to ensure that as many exhibits as possible are on display. We may, however, without prior notice and without refund or compensation, change the operating hours of the Attraction, close the Attraction or any part of it temporarily, restrict the number of persons having access to the Attraction, and/or close any part of the Attraction or interactive program for operational reasons
- The Operator accepts no responsibility for any loss and/or damage however arising (including that which might arise as a result of any breach of contract) including any distress, inconvenience or anxiety caused to guests whilst in the Attraction
- Admission tickets are non-transferable, non-exchangeable, non-refundable & void if altered
Read full supplier's terms & conditions