- Get up to $10 cash back per person when you book with us
- Admission to the Irukandji Shark & Ray Encounters interactive aquarium
- Entry to the shallow lagoon for an in-water animal interaction with sharks & rays, including shark food
- Choice of upgraded wildlife encounter
- 20-min Zebra Shark Encounter, with wetsuit hire & Wear & Keep souvenir socks
- 20-min Reef Shark Encounter & Feed, with wetsuit hire & Wear & Keep souvenir socks
- 40-min Tropical Snorkel, with wetsuit & snorkelling equipment hire & Wear & Keep souvenir socks
- Access to hot showers to rinse off & change into dry clothes (BYO towel)
- Interesting & informative animal talks to learn more about the wonderful world of the ocean
- Departs from the meeting point at 2 Jessie Rd, Anna Bay
WHAT TO EXPECT
Irukandji Shark & Ray Encounters is an incredible interactive aquarium. Your entry pass includes walking around the aquarium and educational talks by knowledgeable fish keepers. However, this experience is more than just viewing the animals, including sharks and rays – you'll get up close and personal too!
First, enjoy the included Shallows Encounter in wetsuits which is the perfect opportunity for visitors to immerse themselves in the water of the sandy beaches surrounded by many curious, friendly sharks & rays. Stepping into the water with them brings a whole new level of excitement, while the animalsdisplay their endearing personalities & steal the hearts of the visitors they meet.
Guests are welcome to wade into the lagoon barefoot; however, the animals can be curious about toes (especially as they can be mistaken for tasty squid!). Wear & Keep souvenir socks are safe for the animals while camouflaging your toes from inquisitive mouths. These are recommended if you're feeling nervous.
Then, it's time to face even more of the underwater world, with either a Zebra Shark Encounter, Reef Shark Encounter, or Tropical Snorkel.
Zebra Shark Encounter
After meeting the smaller animals in the shallow lagoon, it's time to join the private tour to meet the incredible Zebra Sharks. You will get the opportunity to pet these three incredible, endangered sharks while the keeper feeds them (feeding times are 12:00 pm & 3:00 pm).
Despite their name, Zebra Sharks actually have spots! This gentle creature is a species of carpet shark commonly found in tropical shallow coral reef habitats, where they like to hunt molluscs, small fish, and crustaceans in the holes and crevices. They're typically nocturnal, spending the day laying motionless on the ocean floor.
Wetsuit hire and Wear & Keep souvenir socks to wear in the water are both are included in this experience, as is shark food and feeding sticks. After, you can rinse off with a hot shower and change into dry clothes – just remember to bring your own towel.
Reef Shark Encounter
You'll first meet the smaller sharks and rays in the lagoon pool with the Shallows Encounter. Then, at 4:00 pm, it is time to feed the biggest sharks! Join a private tour to interact with the incredible tawny nurse sharks while the keepers feed them! There will be many brilliant photo opportunities with which the staff are happy to help. This is the ultimate chance to get up close and personal with the aquarium's largest sharks, with the biggest being 3.2 metres long.
Tawny Nurse Sharks are also a type of carpet shark who prefer to live near the bottom of the sea, in sandy areas near coral reefs. They're relatively docile and have been seen resting in groups during the day.
Souvenir socks, wetsuit hire, shark food & feeding sticks are included. Swimwear is best to wear underneath; however, underwear is also suitable. If you bring a towel, you'll have the chance to rinse off with a warm shower afterwards.
Learn even more about the sharks and rays at the aquarium with the Tropical Snorkel. This experience includes a 40-minute guided snorkel over the deep section of the lagoon with the help of your experienced guide. Be surrounded by animals and look down at the enormous three-metre sharks snoozing on the bottom.
Souvenir socks, wetsuit hire, and use of snorkel and mask are included. Swimwear is best to wear underneath; however, underwear is also suitable. Bring a towel so you can freshen up with a warm shower afterwards.
Where we Visit:
Irukandji Shark & Ray Encounters
- Irukandji Entry Pass with Zebra Shark Encounter
From AUD $88Check AvailabilityNext available: Today
- Irukandji Entry Pass with Tropical Snorkel
From AUD $98Check AvailabilityNext available: Today
- Irukandji Entry Pass with Reef Shark Encounter
From AUD $118Check Availability
|11:00AM - 12:00PM|
Monday, 29-04-2016 11:00 AM - 12:00PM
How many participants are there?
Minimum unit order: 1 persons.
2 Adults + 2 Children:
What should I bring?
Hats, reef-friendly sunscreen, swimwear, cameras (underwater cameras are great!), a change of clothes (t-shirts & shorts or skirts), towel.
- No child or children aged 16 or under will be admitted unless they are accompanied by an adult who is 16 years or over. Such child or children whilst on site must remain under the control or supervision of an adult at all times
- Children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult at all times during the Shallows Encounter
- The minimum age for the Reef Shark Encounter and Tropical Snorkel is 12 years
- The Operator will endeavour to ensure that as many exhibits as possible are on display. We may, however, without prior notice and without refund or compensation, change the operating hours of the Attraction, close the Attraction or any part of it temporarily, restrict the number of persons having access to the Attraction, and/or close any part of the Attraction or interactive program for operational reasons
- The Operator accepts no responsibility for any loss and/or damage however arising (including that which might arise as a result of any breach of contract) including any distress, inconvenience or anxiety caused to guests whilst in the Attraction
- Admission tickets are non-transferable, non-exchangeable, non-refundable & void if altered
Read full supplier's terms & conditions