- Fully guided Segway tour around the base of Uluru
- Learn about ancient Aboriginal culture and rock art
- Transfers included from Voyages Ayers Rock Resort accommodation (where stated)
- Enjoy a small group tour for a more intimate experience
- National Park entry fee
What to Expect
Experience one of Australia’s most incredible landscapes and ancient cultures in a fun and exciting new way! Glide around Uluru on a Segway! This ancient monolith is made of sandstone and is about half a billion years old. It stands 348 metres high with a circumference of 9.4 kilometres. On this tour, you'll get to experience the geology and size of Ayers Rock from a nifty new Segway, plus see ancient Aboriginal rock art and learn about Anangu (local Aboriginal) people and their way of life thanks to a knowledgeable guide.
Your friendly guide will show you how to ride a Segway and test your skills over our Segway training course. Once the group is confident riding a Segway, you'll travel the full base of Uluru with your guide. Uluru is at its most stunning around sunrise and sunset when the golden light enhances rock’s colours.
This tour lets you enjoy the magic of Uluru at sunrise and includes a light breakfast, tea, and coffee. Your guide will also take you to Mutitjulu Waterhole, a waterhole below Uluru that's sacred to Aboriginal people and only reached via trail. Along the way, you'll top to learn about ancient Aboriginal culture, fascinating history, and incredible nature and geology. There'll also be plenty of photo stops.
Riding a Segway is an exhilarating experience! Feel the open air and the wind blowing on your face as you effortlessly glide around the magical Uluru. Rather than walking, you can cruise it in style without breaking a break a sweat!
Frequently Asked Questions
Segway riders must be at least 12 years old to participate. We recommend this activity for people within the age of 12 to 55 years old. Riders under the age of 18 years will need to be accompanied by a parent or guardian. If you are above the age of 55, you should be aware that if you fall from a Segway you are at an increased risk of injury.
Segway’s use dynamic stabilisation technology. Segway’s move when you shift your center of gravity. For example, the wheels will move forward or backward when you lean forward or backward. This tour uses 2X SE Segway
Maximum of 12 people.
Participants are required to wear closed in shoes. Participants wearing flip flops or thongs will not be permitted to engage in the activity under any circumstances. It’s quite sunny in Central Australia, therefore, we recommend that you wear a shirt that covers your shoulders and that you bring 1L of water, sunscreen and a cap. Participants are welcome to bring a backpack or small bag if they wish. The tour provides water bottle holders for guests to use to carry their water bottle.
Throughout the tour you will be able to stop for photographs as an enthusiastic guide shows you the best places to get some amazing photos. It’s best to keep your hands firmly on the handlebars, whilst the Segway is moving. Around Uluru, you are asked not to photograph sites that are considered culturally sensitive. Your experienced guide will help you to discover where these sites are.
It is still possible to fall while riding a Segway. However, tour participants are equipped with all of the necessary skills to operate a Segway safely. The tour has a training course that simulates different terrains that participants will experience on the tour. Segway’s are designed to balance for you. It is the rider though who will be in control of the Segway. This includes direction and speed. It is important to ride a Segway with care. Be aware of surroundings and hazards.
- It is requirement of participants to arrive 10 minutes prior to their tour's scheduled departure time. At it's discretion, the tour may refuse participation of late arrivals, without a refund.
- Participants are required to wear closed-in shoes whilst participating. Under no circumstances will participants wearing thongs be permitted to engage in the tour.
- In order to engage in any the tour's activities participants:
- need to be a minimum of 12 years of age
- and if under 18 years of age be accompanied by an adult
- weight between 45-117kg/99-257lbs a set out by Segway PT manufacturer
- correctly wear the provided helmet, elbow and knee pads at all times;
- be fit, healthy and free from injury or illness that may impact participant ability to Segway;
- be free of vision or balance impairment that may impact safe operation of a Segway PT;
- be able to stand un-aided for the entire length of the tour; and walk unassisted
- be able to step on-to and off-of the Segway, approximately 20cm (8inches);
- be free of drugs or alcohol;
- Inform the tour of any health or vision conditions that may impact their participation in the activity
- People with serious health problems/back injuries or who are pregnant should not participate in any Segway activities.
- It is the rider's responsibility to ensure that they have read and understood all of the above rider requirements.
- Whilst every reasonable precaution will be taken to prevent accident and injury the tour will not be responsible for any accident or injury, damage or loss and this condition of contract may be pleaded by the operator and owner as a bar to any action proceeding for breach of contract, negligence or any other liability sustained such as injury damage or loss.
- All participants are required to sign the waiver release and indemnity form prior to engaging in any activities offered by the tour. The form includes but is not limited to the statements that the participant has read and through signing the form accepts their obligations and engages in the activity at their own risk. Participants under the age of 18 years will require their parent/guardian to sign the forms on their behalf.
- Cancellation policy is 24 hours. You are free to amend or cancel with no charge if we have been given more than 24 hours notice.
- If you cancel or alter your tour within 24 hours of the confirmed tour time no refund will be provided.
- Refunds will not be provided to passengers who are "no-shows".
- Extenuating circumstances requiring tour refunds will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
- Refunds will not be issued once the Segway training has commenced, unless an Uluru Segway Tours guide deems any participant to be incapable of riding a Segway Personal Transporter, then in such a case a refund may be granted.
- Alteration/Cancellation By Us Uluru Segway Tours reserves the right to cancel or alter tours or activities where necessary due to; operational restrictions, weather conditions, mechanical defects or any other changes to operational conditions. In such instances participants will be either - offered an alternative activity, rescheduled to a suitable time or issued a refund. Other than this participants will have no claim to any additional compensation relating to the cancellation of the activity
- Campgrounds - bus stop
- Desert Gardens Hotel
- Emu Walk Apartments - Pick Up Next Door at Desert Gardens Hotel
- Outback Pioneer Hotel
- Sails in the Desert
- The Lost Camel - Pick Up at Sails in the Desert
- TO BE ADVISED
Reviews for Uluru Segway Tour
Get Instant Confirmation