- Transfer from your hotel in Sofia to the trailhead in Vratsa Mountains, then to the Ledenika Cave and back to Sofia
- English-speaking guide
- Entry fee for the cave
One-day Hiking Tour From Sofia To Vratsa Mountains & Ledenika CaveWalk the Borov Kamak eco-trail and dip into the secrets of Ledenika Cave and its beautiful formations.
What to Expect
Explore the best of Vratsa Karst Nature Park in one day. Walk the Borov Kamak eco-trail and dip into the secrets of Ledenika Cave and its beautiful formations.
Difficulty: This walking route is moderately arduous, with individual brief paths featuring steep inclines; adventurous parts occur (wooden bridges, narrow stages in the cave, etc.) and need more attention. Please bring along comfortable hiking boots. Sandals and flip-flops are not accepted. Rain jacket might be useful in summer as heavy showers sometimes occur in the afternoons. The floor inside the cave is very slippery and the temperature is about +8C.
Food: If you have forgotten to take a lunch pack or a sandwich with you, you can have lunch in one of the small restaurants in the area. The menu is limited though: Soups (lentils, beans), grilled meat and some basic meals.
Total transfer time: 4 hrs
Walking time: 4-5 hrs (hiking time only/moderately arduous)
Best period: April to October
An early transfer will take you to Zgorigrad village passing by the rock phenomenon Vratsata and further to the beginning of the beautiful and thrilling eco-trail of Borov Kamak waterfall (50m high). Climb up on wooden ladders and steps in the pristine valley full of small waterfalls and cascades, enjoy a picnic lunch at the top and descend on a nice beech forest path with great panoramic views to Zgorigrad village and Vratsa Mountains. On the way up to the waterfall, you will cross the river on wooden bridges just above the rapids, climb up rocky steep sections on massive wooden ladders and enjoy great views of Borov kamak waterfall from below and then on top of it.
After the hike, you will be transferred to the sinister cave Ledenika where mother nature has made a masterpiece of an enchanting underground world. It is 320m long and its name comes from the icy stalagmites formed at the entrance in wintertime and early spring. With its stunning cave formations, Ledenika is one of the most beautiful show caves in Bulgaria and habitat of the endemic beetle Fagomycetes ledenicus or “the light hater”.
- Traventuria Ltd. shall not be held liable in cases of “force majeure” circumstances, herewith described as events which we or our subcontractors cannot predict or avoid, such as terrorist activity, strike, war or threat of war, riot, civil strike, natural or nuclear disaster, adverse weather conditions, fire, road accidents, traffic jams, vehicle breakdown, etc. Traventuria Ltd. will act and do whatever is possible to the best of its abilities in order to minimize the impact on the clients’ journey in such cases.
- Claims for missed flights, only partially or totally unused other services as a result of such circumstances will not be acknowledged in such cases.
- All cancellations should be made in writing to Traventuria Ltd. on our corporate email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cancellations advised verbally to a company staff (i.e. drivers, tour guides, resort representatives) or in writing to other email addresses will not be considered as valid
- The following cancellation charges (as a percentage of the total cost, but not less than the deposit) apply for cancellations made by clients for services in Bulgaria, booked through Traventuria Ltd.:
- >30 days – 30%
- 29 – 15 days – 50%
- 14 – 9 days – 70%
- 8 days or less – 100%
- The following cancellation charges (as a percentage of the total cost, but not less than the deposit) apply for cancellations made by clients for services outside Bulgaria, booked through Traventuria Ltd.:
- > 41 days – 30%
- 40 days or less – 100%.
- For bookings, where a flight ticket is included, the clients should pay the charges levied by the airline concerned
- If a ground service provided by Traventuria Ltd. is omitted by a client (e.g. transfer, tour, etc.) due to last-minute illness, flight cancellation, etc. this is considered “no-show” and no refund will be made
- The same rule applies if a client decides to leave the holiday before its end. We will issue all the required documents, verifying the cancellation, which you can use for your insurance company
Why book with us?
- Best Price Guarantee
- Free & Easy Cancellation
- Up to 10% Cashback
- 100,000 5 Star Reviews
- Book Securely