- Transportation in Air-Conditioned van or car
- All Entrance fees
- Professional guidance
- All activities with equipment
- Lunch and non-alcoholic drinks
- Fruit, water, snack
Mayan Underworld Private
Seize the opportunity to live a unique experience by exploring an underground river and snorkelling in the coral reef of Mesoamerica
Buy as a Gift
- Pick up and drop off outside of Tulum
- Any activity that is not mentioned in the itinerary
- Alcoholic drinks or coffee
- Towels and wet bags.
WHAT TO EXPECT
Join us and take part to this interesting tour which includes sea snorkeling in the coral reef of Mesoamerica and an outstanding cenote and cave. The tour lasts half a day and it starts at 8:00 - 8:30 am by going to the ocean to snorkel together with the incredible amount of different Caribbean fishes. You will have the exclusive chance to see with your eyes a stingray or a sea turtle. To avoi currents and assure you a safer and enjoyable snorkeling, we will stop in a bay or inlet.
We will continue our excursion to a gourgeous cenote. These natural pits full of limestone and stalactities characterize the Yucatan Peninsula and its enchanting landscape. Their spectacular colors and crystal clear waters are simply a must see. Cenotes have been extremely essential in the history and the development of the peninsula. Since they are a fundamental source of life with its waters, cenotes are considered sacred places which give access to the fascinating Underworld.
At this point, we will enter an exclusive 600 m (2000 ft.) long cave covered by different kinds of formations. Here it will be explained to you their process of creation and evolution and how important these caverns are for the population of the penisula. We will walk in the water with a depth of about 1 meter (3.5 ft.) in the first part of the cavern. Then, we will reach an area of the cave where its ceiling collapsed. Here the natural light will guide and allow us to take a dip and swim in the deeper water. Let's live a unique and memorable experience with us! Continuing our swim, we will get at the exit of the cave and find ourselves in the jungle.
We will end our incredible journey in the fascinating Mayan Underworld at 2:00 - 2:30 pm.
We would like to recommend to bring with you:
Comfortable clothes and shoes (sport sandals ok)
Bathing suit, sun glasses, towel, camera, binoculars
Sun protection (bio degradable, but preferably clothes to aid with sun protection)
Insect repellent (eco friendly), also water sandals, some cash.
Mayan Underworld Private
|11:00AM - 12:00PM|
Monday, 29-04-2016 11:00 AM - 12:00PM
How many participants are there?
- This tour is not recommended for children under 5 years old.
- Basic swimming skill required (life jackets provided)
- Not recommended for highly claustrophobic people (the roof top inside the cave is around 6 meters high with smaller sections)
- Please note that there are no ATM machines in the area, nor do any of the vendors accept credit cards.
- The guides appreciate tips for great service, and you are sure to leave with many great memories! The use of safety vest is required in all boat tours (provided by Mexico Kan Tours)
- Each tour should be booked by leaving a deposit.
- In case of cancellation with more than 24 hrs. before the pickup, we won't charge anything and will give you back your deposit.
- In case of cancellation between 24 and 12 hrs. before the pickup, Mexico Kan Tours will keep your deposit.
- In case of cancellation with less than 12 hrs. before the pick up or in case of no show we will charge you 100% of the total amount of your tour.
Read full supplier's terms & conditions
- Pickup ( Zone 2 ) Departing from South of Playa del Carmen, south to Tulum city borders
- Pickup ( Zone 3) Departing from Within the city of Playa del Carmen
- Pickup ( Zone 4 ) Departing from North of Playa del Carmen, up to Puerto Morelos
- Pickup (Zone 1) Departing from Downtown Tulum, and Tulum beach