- Transportation in Air-Conditioned van
- Van with cooler (fruits, water, snacks)
- Entrance fees to the reserve
- Professional guidance
- Boat with snorkel equipment (mask, snorkel, fins)
- Lunch and non-alcoholic drinks
Sian Ka'an Adventure
Join us for an exciting journey to explore the Caribbean lagoon and its incredible biodiversity
Buy as a Gift
- Pick up and drop off outside of Tulum
- Any activity that is not mentioned in the itinerary
- Alcoholic drinks or coffee
- Towels and wet bags
Why do we love this
If you are interested in wildlife observation and love photography, travelling by boat to discover the caribbean coast, learning something more about unique ecosystems, this is the perfect day tour for you!
WHAT TO EXPECT
"Born from the sky" is the particular meaning in the Yucatec Mayan language attributes to Sian Ka’an. Indeed, Sian Ka’an is one of the largest protected territories in México which covers an area of 6520 km2 and populated by an incredible amount of biodiversity. For this reason, it is a UNESCO World Heritage site and is part of the important project called "Man and the Biosphere", which promotes and stimulates sustainable development in the protected areas since its aims are conservation, research and education. In this way, respecting sustainable practises, local inhabitans can participate in economic activities in these areas such as fishing for lobsters, seasonal agriculture and tourism. In fact, the little town of Punta Allen, located on a road strip between the Caribbean Sea and Ascension Bay, is the right place for you to be in contact with Caribbean culture and nature. You will have the unique opportunity through this incredible tour with local fishermen as your professional guides to explore lagoons, mangrove forests and various marine ecosystems and to spot crocodiles, manatees, and several bird species living in the area. After this exciting and memorable journey, the lagoon flows into Ascension Bay. Here we will have in front of our eyes the endless skies stretching out over the Caribbean and you can notice particular changes in water color.
Travelling by boat gives us the chance to make the tour even more special looking at the world from a different prospective!
PROGRAM OF THE TOUR
This exclusive experience will start with departure at 7:00 am – 8:00 am. Then, we head to the reserve with our vans to reach the boat dock. Once we arrive, the Laguna boat tour will start. You will have the incredible chance to explore enchanting natural places such as mangrove forests, freshwater springs and the well-known Boca Paila. But it does not end here! Our journey will continue watching and spotting manatees and crocodiles, dolphins, several species of sea turtles and visiting spectacular bays with great amount of incredible different bird species. So join us and seize the opportunity to snorkel in the second largest coral reef in the world, the Mesoamerican reef, and to see with your own eyes its unique biodiversity. Then, if that were not enough, you can take a dip at the so called "Nature's swimming pool" into its crystal clear tropical waters to enjoy a moment of relax. Finally you can enjoy a typical local and succulent Caribbean lunch in the cozy village of Punta Allen. The trip will end at 6:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. with the return.
We would like you to recommend:
- Comfortable clothes and shoes (sandals ok)
- Bathing suit
- Sun glasses
- Sun block(bio degradable, also consider clothes to aid with sun protection)
- Some cash since there are no ATM machines in the area and vendors do not accept credit cards.
Sian Ka'an Adventure
|11:00AM - 12:00PM|
Monday, 29-04-2016 11:00 AM - 12:00PM
How many participants are there?
IMPORTANT NOTE: Not for pregnant woman
The guides appreciate tips for great service, and you are sure to leave with many great memories!
The use of safety vest is required in all boat tours (provided by Mexico Kan Tours).
- Each tour should be booked by leaving a deposit.
- In case of cancellation with more than 24 hrs before the pickup, we won't charge anything and will give you back your deposit.
- In case of cancellation between 24 and 12 hrs before the pickup, Mexico Kan Tours will keep your deposit.
- In case of cancellation with less than 12 hrs before the pickup or in case of no show we will charge you 100% of the total amount of your tour.
Read full supplier's terms & conditions
- Pickup ( Zone 2 ) Departing from South of Playa del Carmen, south to Tulum city borders
- Pickup ( Zone 3) Departing from Within the city of Playa del Carmen
- Pickup ( Zone 4 ) Departing from North of Playa del Carmen, up to Puerto Morelos
- Pickup (Zone 1) Departing from Downtown Tulum, and Tulum beach