- Air-conditioned transportation
- All entrance fees
- Water, fruits and snacks
- Life Jacket
Sian Ka'an Muyil
Join us for a memorable adventure among Mayan temples and wetlands protected by UNESCO
Buy as a Gift
- Pick up and drop off outside of Tulum
- Any activity that is not mentioned in the itinerary
- Alcoholic drinks or coffee
- Towels and wet bags.
Why do we love this
If you would like to spend a relaxing and inspiring afternoon and if you are curious about ecology and Mayan civilization, this is the perfect excursion for you!
This tour is suitable for all ages and offers a mix of several interesting activities near Tulum.
WHAT TO EXPECT
Muyil is an ancient archaeological Mayan site which is situated in the north of the Sian Ka'an Biosphere reserve. This is the perfect place to experience to the fulliest Mayan ecology and history. Indeed, here you will find several Mayan temples such as the so called "El Castillo" which is 17 meters high and surrounded by a fascinating semi-deciduous jungle. Join us! The tour starts at 12:30 - 1:00 pm.
From the archeological site, we will have a walk among the wonderful temples and we climb the tallest observation point in the reserve of Sian Ka'an to admire the exuberant vegetation of the jungle and the fresh water wetlands. Then, it's time for a relaxing break! We will prepare for you a delicious vegetarian picnic with seasonal fruits and snacks included.
After the restorative lunch, we will have a boat ride across two fresh water lagoons through canals with intricate green mangrove that will leave you speechless with its colors reflected in the amazing blue water. Here, you will see a secret route that was used for active trade in the past, surrounded by temples and several species of birds.
Then, we will start a new adventure with a relaxing floating activity in the clear waters of "lazy river". Here we will be surrounded by an incredible setting full of orchids and bromeliads, hearing the relaxing sounds of nature. This will be an experience that you will keep forever in your heart!
Our tour will end at 5:30 p.m. – 6:00 p.m
We recommend to bring with you:
- Comfortable clothes and shoes (sandals ok)
- Bathing suit
- Sun glasses
- Sun protection (bio degradable, but preferably clothes to aid with sun protection)
- Some cash
Sian Ka'an Muyil
|11:00AM - 12:00PM|
Monday, 29-04-2016 11:00 AM - 12:00PM
How many participants are there?
Child (under 8 years old):
Please note that there are no ATM machines in the area, nor do any of the vendors accept credit cards.
The guides appreciate tips for great service, and you are sure to leave with many great memories!
The use of safety vest is required in all boat tours (provided by Mexico Kan Tours)
- Each tour should be booked by leaving a deposit.
- In case of cancellation with more than 24 hrs. before the pickup, we won't charge anything and will give you back your deposit.
- In case of cancellation between 24 and 12 hrs. before the pickup, Mexico Kan Tours will keep your deposit.
- In case of cancellation with less than 12 hrs. before the pick up or in case of no show we will charge you 100% of the total amount of your tour.
Read full supplier's terms & conditions
- Pickup ( Zone 2 ) Departing from South of Playa del Carmen, south to Tulum city borders
- Pickup ( Zone 3) Departing from Within the city of Playa del Carmen
- Pickup ( Zone 4 ) Departing from North of Playa del Carmen, up to Puerto Morelos
- Pickup (Zone 1) Departing from Downtown Tulum, and Tulum beach