Explore New Zealand's spectacular towering cliffs, rock stacks, reefs, and deep sea caves!
4WD & Scenic Kayaking Tour Pohatu Marine Reserve Highlights
- Explore the outer coast of Pohatu Marine Reserve by kayak and enjoy a scenic drive from Akaroa
- Experience spectacular towering cliffs, rock stacks, reefs, and deep-sea caves
- Photos stops along the way with commentary about the area
- Fully guided by qualified and experienced staff
- All kayaking gear (life jackets, dry jackets, spray deck, dry bags for cameras)
- Land tour in 4WD mini vans
What to Expect
Frequently Asked Questions
- Sunglasses, hat or both.
- Change of clothes (Although we provide waterproof spray jackets, you may still get damp!
- Comfortable, weather-suitable clothing that you don’t mind getting wet.
During the breeding season there is a very high chance of seeing penguins coming ashore.
Allow 1.5 hours from Christchurch. The last 50 minutes into Akaroa is on a well-maintained, but hilly and windy road.
Akaroa is a very safe village with free overnight parking. You may leave your vehicle next to the tour's office or, if you prefer, at a private property that we may shuttle you to and from at no additional cost.
Reviews for 4WD & Scenic Kayaking Tour Pohatu Marine Reserve
Total review count and overall rating based on Backpackerdeals and Travello reviews.
We’d love to hear about your experience! Share your feedback with us, and get rewarded!
All customer cancellation & refund requests are also subject to our website’s own refund conditions.