- Get up to $40 cash back per person when you book with us
- A magical half-day tour by aeroplane taking you to the top of New Zealand
- Experience the region's beauty, history and scenery from both the air and on land
- Private landing near Cape Reinga to enjoy a guided, airconditioned vehicle tour and visit the light house
- The return flight follows the beautiful east coast down to the Bay of Islands
- Complimentary transfers from Paihia accommodation and Paihia Wharf for Russell Accommodation are available
- Delicious snack included
Fly and Drive Tour of Cape ReingaExperience the beauty, history and scenery of the Bay of Islands from all aspects
What to Expect
Experience Cape Reinga's beauty, history and scenery from both the air and on land on this incredible tour.
Relax and take in the breathtaking views on a modern, fixed wing aircraft that accommodates up to 7 passengers - ensuring each passenger has a window seat for perfect scenic viewing.
Taking just half a day, there's ample time pre and post-tour to discover more about the Northland region.
With a number of opportunities to get out on the ground and explore, refresh your senses (and social media feeds) with plenty of photo spots just waiting to be snapped!
Where we visit:
The initial stage of the tour consists of a flight up to Cape Reinga via Northlands' spectacular harbours, such as the Whangaroa Harbour and the Rangaunu Harbour.
We also pass across some beautiful beaches such as Coopers Beach, Doubtless Bay and of course, the famous Ninety Mile Beach.
From Ninety Mile Beach we then fly inland where we land at our airfield, which is only 20km from the Cape Reinga lighthouse.
Once on the ground, a comfortable air-conditioned mini-bus will meet the aircraft, where you will then be taken on a 2.5 hour tour around the top of New Zealand.
After a 20 minute drive, we reach the Cape Reinga Lighthouse where the Tasman Sea meets the Pacific Ocean; here, your guide will accompany you on your walk to the lighthouse, sharing the myths and legends or this very spiritual area.
We then rejoin the vehicle for a short drive to Tapotupotu Bay where we enjoy a freshly baked light refreshment.
There is time for a stroll on the beach before we move across to the Te Paki quicksand stream. Sleds are available for those who wish to experience the exhilaration of sandboarding.
The return flight to the Bay of Islands includes some of the most spectacular coastal scenery Northland has to offer.
You will fly over the Parengarenga Harbour and Great Exhibition Bay, which are only visible by air or by sea.
This area is very remote and without a doubt one of the most beautiful places in New Zealand with it’s pure white silica sand and crystal clear water.
The flight also passes over the Houhora Harbour, the Cavalli Islands, Kauri Cliff’s golf course and the spectacular Bay of Islands.
Departs Kerikeri airport at 8.30am, checkin at 8.15am in the main terminal.
Summer Morning Tour: Pick up in Paihia from 8.15am, returning by 1.50pm or meet us at Kerikeri Airport at 8.45am, with the return flight landing at approximately 1.20pm. We offer complimentary transfers from Paihia accommodation and Paihia Wharf for Russell Accommodation.
Winter Morning Tour: Pick up in Paihia from 8.15am, returning by 1.50pm or meet us at Kerikeri Airport at 8.45am, with the return flight landing at approximately 1.50pm.
During the winter season due to wet weather it is possible that the aircraft can not land up at Cape Reinga, on these occasions we can offer a scenic flight only option that is extended to fly over the Cape area and is a 2-hour non-stop flight.
Frequently Asked Questions
A light morning tea with refreshments is provided for guests.
- Adverse weather conditions may mean that the scheduled itinerary cannot proceed as intended.
- If adverse weather means that you are unable to complete the full tour, then any refund will be adjusted on a pro rata basis dependant on the flying time involved.
- Prior to one week of travel - full refund
- Within one week and 48 hours of departure - 50% refund
- Within 48hrs of departure - no refund
- Cancellation by the supplier due to weather or serious illness will not incur a cancellation fee.
Why book with us?
- Best Price Guarantee
- Free & Easy Cancellation
- Up to 10% Cashback
- 100,000 5 Star Reviews
- Book Securely