- Get up to $40 cash back per person when you book with us
- 3 hr jet ski tour of the stunning Bay of Islands
- Guided by a professional skipper with great local knowledge
- Safety gear and spray jackets
- A thorough safety briefing and demonstration
Where we visit:
- Cape Brett
- "Hole in the Rock"
- Urupukapuka Island
- Otehei Bay (stop at the only cafe in the bay)
- Paroa Bay
- Long Beach
- Refreshments at the cafe in Otehei Bay
What to Expect
This is the ultimate jet ski exploration of the Bay of Islands, spending 3 hrs discovering all that this beautiful region has to offer. See caves, tunnels, sparkling lagoons and beautiful beaches.
Departing Paihia, your guide will lead you up to Tapeka Point. Then you'll continue around the islands heading straight out to the magnificent Cape Brett, jutting into the open ocean. The highlight of this adventure is the famous "Hole in the Rock". It's a 16-metre tall tunnel that pierces through the sheer cliff face of Piercy Island, which rises nearly 150 metres out of the ocean. Maori legend says that warriors used to paddle their canoes through before battle because the water drops raining down on them from the cave roof was a good omen. You'll even get to experience blasting through it on your own jet ski!!!
Next, it's time for a more calm exploration of the rugged Cape Brett coastline, an untouched slice of New Zealand. Stop for a refreshing swim or snorkel and find a red Moki or some blue maomao.
Heading back inland, the tour travels through the bay until you get to Urupukapuka Island where we stop at the only island Cafe in the Bay for delicious local cuisine or a refreshing kiwi brew. Kick back and relax on one of the beanbags on the lawn, and revel in the breathtaking views. Alternatively, pack a picnic to enjoy on a pristine private beach.
It's a leisurely journey back to Paihia, taking a few detours into some of the mainland bays on the way past. Each jet ski takes two adults or two adults and a child, so it's a great tour for couples, families, and friends. The longer duration of this trip is best suited for older kids and is a thrilling and exciting way for them to explore nature.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Light footwear
- Cash/card for café purchases
Valuables may be taken in the jet ski glove box (water-resistant) or you may choose to store them in the jetty lockbox to pick up upon your return
Reviews for Bay of Islands Jet Ski Explorer
Total review count and overall rating based on Backpackerdeals and Travello reviews.
We’d love to hear about your experience! Share your feedback with us, and get rewarded!
- The minimum driver age is 16 years, and the minimum passenger age is 8 years and 12 years on longer tours
- A reasonable level of fitness is required, as some conditions can be physically demanding
- Passengers should note that adventure travel involves risk and The Operator cannot be held responsible for personal injury or loss due to the actions of the clients which are beyond our control
- Departures and itineraries are subject to weather conditions, water conditions, rider ability and traffic conditions, and The Operator reserves the right to vary the itinerary to maintain the safety of the group
- Customers will receive a full refund or credit with 24 hours notice of cancellation
- Customers will also receive a full refund or credit in case of operator cancellation due to weather or other unforeseen circumstances
- No-shows will be charged the full price
All customer cancellation & refund requests are also subject to our website’s own refund conditions.
Book your experience stress-free and know we're here to help.
Get Instant Confirmation