- Get up to $10 cash back per person when you book with us!
- Access to four shallow alkaline mineral hot pools & one acidic mineral hot pool
- Pools between 36 degrees – 41 degrees
- Access to cold plunge pool for hot-cold hydrotherapy
- Geothermally-heated poolside recliners
- Large indoor relaxation lounge
- Premium changing facilities with towels, secure lockers, beautiful soap, shampoo and hairdryers provided
- Infants and children under 2 years free of charge
- Free 20g Geothermal mud pack OR free freshly squeezed juice at 88Ra Cafe
- Adult swimsuits and swimming shorts can be hired or purchased at the Spa Essentials Shop
- This pass is for the hot pools only and DOES NOT include spa treatments. These can be booked on arrival.
Why Do We Love This
We love the added features like geothermally heated recliners and extensive change room facilities that make this experience even more luxurious. We also the think the cold plunge pool is a cool feature if you're brave enough to use it!
What to Expect
Nestled on the shores of Lake Rotorua, Polynesian Spa is a geothermal bathing experience like no other. It's the perfect place to enjoy a soothing day of luxury. Experience wellness sourced from Rotorua’s very own backyard as you soak in the geothermal hot springs and enjoy features like heated recliners and a plunge pool! Polynesian Spa is recognised as one of the top 10 spas in the world, so come and discover the magic.
Channelling the geothermal marvels in its backyard, waters from two natural springs are fed into the 28 mineral pools at Polynesian Spa. The slightly acidic Priest Spring revives tired muscles, aches and pains while the alkaline waters of the Rachel Spring nourish the skin.
Specialising in a range of health and wellness treatments, Polynesian Spa also has a decadent spa therapy menu. Indulge with Aix spa therapies, body wraps, massage and facials.
The recently renovated café also offers a wide range of healthy treats revive the body inside and out.
The Deluxe Lake pass gives you access to four shallow Rachel Spring alkaline mineral hot pools and one Priest Spring acidic mineral hot pool. All pools are between 36 and 41 degrees Celsius.
You can also enjoy a cold plunge pool, designed for hot-cold hydrotherapy. To detoxify, alternate between hot and cold pools at least three times for the best results.
In between bathing, relax on geothermally-heated poolside recliners or on the large indoor relaxation lounge.
You'll also enjoy premium changing facilities with towels, secure lockers, soap, shampoo and hairdryers provided.
Swimsuits and swimming shorts can be hired or purchased at the Spa Essentials Shop
Please note this is a single entry pass. Leaving and returning the Spa is not permitted. Children under 8 must be actively supervised by a caregiver in the water who is over 16 years old. Babies must wear a swimming nappy.
When booking, choose from a value add of: Free 20g Geothermal mud pack OR free freshly squeezed juice at 88Ra Cafe.
Opening hours are Monday to Sunday 9am-11am. Last admission is 10.15pm.
Frequently Asked Questions
Mineral water will tarnish silver jewellery and some gold. Please remove all jewellery before entering the pools. If your jewellery has contact with the water and does become tarnished you can clean it or take it into a jeweller for cleaning.
If you are allergic to sulphur based drugs we strongly recommend not bathing in thermal pools as skin reactions may occur.
For the health and safety of both you and the therapist, if you have a cold or flu you cannot receive a therapy. Soaking in the waters is fine however to stop the spread, we ask that you consider other bathers and only come to Polynesian Spa when you have recovered.
We recommend that pregnant women are cautious when bathing in hot mineral water and only soak in the low temperature (33oC – 38oC) alkaline Rachel Spring hot pools while ensuring a high intake of fluids and breaks in between. We do not recommend pregnant women bathe in the acidic Priest Spa hot pools. Some pregnant women choose to only soak their feet.
Swimwear has to be worn when bathing in the pools. Rash shirts, board shorts or other clothing using synthetic fabric such as lycra, nylon and polyester are permitted. Cotton shirts and pants including underwear are not permitted to be worn in the pools at any time. Babies must wear swimming nappies.
All pools meet stringent water quality standards. The law states that we must change the water in our mineral pools every 4 hours. We meet these legal requirements, and in some pools the water is changed every 3 hours. During the day there is a constant supply of fresh mineral water entering the pools. All pools are emptied, cleaned and refilled with fresh hot mineral water over night.
The chlorinated family pool is not emptied daily, but water is maintained constantly by the filter and chlorination plant to regulated levels.
- Children under 8 must be actively supervised by a caregiver in the water who is over 16 years old
- Babies are required to wear swimming nappies
- Recognised swimwear must be worn at all times whilst bathing in the pools. Street clothing and underwear is not permitted.
- We recommend keeping jewellery and other valuables at home to avoid misplacing, losing or leaving them behind. We accept no responsibility for any loss or damage of personal property.
Please note that the bookings are processed manually and please chat to us before making the booking or you can book with us and your booking is confirmed only once confirmed by the tour operator.
Please note, that once your order has been confirmed you will not be able to cancel it.
Reviews for Polynesian Spa Deluxe Lake Spa Pools Entry
Book your experience stress-free and know we're here to help.