- Explore the living Maori Village of Whakarewarewa
- Discover Maori culture
- See geothermal geysers, hot springs and mud pools
Whakarewarewa Village Geothermal Guided TourEnjoy a guided tour through Whakarewarewa Village
What to Expect
On the Whakarewarewa Guided Tour, you will:
- Explore an authentic living Māori village where people live on a daily basis, using natural geothermal resources to cook, bathe and heat their homes as they have for centuries.
- View the geothermal wonders of Whakarewarewa Geothermal Valley including the world-famous Pōhutu geyser, boiling mud-pools, steam vents and bubbling pools.
- Learn what it’s like to live in the challenging geothermal plateau where daily life includes cooking in the bubbling pools and steam vents, and bathing in the refreshing therapeutic waters. Take in our various historical landmarks and buildings, including an active Marae (meeting grounds and focal point of Maori communities), our WWII Memorial Archway, historic churches, and tapu (sacred) burial grounds. Whakarewarewa is truly NZ’s iconic Living Maori Village experience.
Guided tours of 1 to 1.5 hours are at 10am, 12pm daily (last Entry at 3.15pm) .
Notification of cancellations will need to be made at least 48 hours prior to confirmed date of booking. Failure to do so will result in a cancellation fee of 25% of the total booking.
Why book with us?
- Best Price Guarantee
- Free & Easy Cancellation
- Up to 10% Cashback
- 100,000 5 Star Reviews
- Book Securely