- 50 minutes of guided grade 5 white water rafting
- 14 epic rapids and the world’s highest rafted waterfall
- Extensive training and full safety briefing from the best guides on the river
- All on river equipment including wetsuits, booties, fleeces, splash jackets, PFD's and helmets
- Free shuttle to and from Rotorua - Bookings essential
Kaituna River Rafting
Get ready for an adventure on this 50-minute white water rapids ride in Rotorua.
Buy as a Gift
- Photo packages (50-90 incredible photos of your adventure are available for purchase for an additional
cost after the tour. You are welcome to bring your own small waterproof camera or GoPro along free of charge.)
WHAT TO EXPECT
Are you ready for a rip-roaring adventure? Then you don't want to miss this white water rafting excursion in Rotorua. This is a white water enthusiast's dream and a must-do activity for adrenaline junkies and first-time rafters alike!
On this guided tour, you will spend 50 minutes sailing down Kaituna, one of New Zealand's most famous rafting destinations. The base for this tour is located on the banks of the Kaituna River, meaning no long bus rides to your destination or waiting around in wetsuits to get picked up. Simply show up and get ready to raft! If you'd like, you can even plan to arrive early and stroll down the beautiful Okere Falls Scenic Reserve walking track, which is home to multiple viewing platforms of the river and its many waterfalls.
Then, it's time to get in the water yourself. Get ready to paddle over 14 impressive drops including three waterfalls, one of which is the tallest commercially rafted waterfall in the world! The fall is 7 metres (21 feet) high and is sure to get your heart racing. As you sail, you will be surrounded by steep canyons and lush rainforests on either side. Everyone from beginner to advanced rafters is welcome on this tour, which will be lead by an experienced river guide.
Trips depart daily with check-in times at 9 am, 11:45 am & 2.30 pm. There are also 4:30 pm tours during the summer months. Please plan to arrive 5 minutes before check-in time. If you have arranged pickup, please be ready 5 minutes before the pickup time. Please note for the 9 am trip, pickups are at 8:30 am, not 8:45.
Kaituna River Rafting
|11:00AM - 12:00PM|
Monday, 29-04-2016 11:00 AM - 12:00PM
How many participants are there?
What should I bring?
You just need to bring your swimwear, shorts, and a towel. You will be provided everything else you may need, including wetsuits, fleece tops, wetsuit booties, and splash jackets depending on the weather conditions. Life jackets, helmets, and paddles are also provided to everyone.
Do I need experience?
No experience on your part is necessary as full and comprehensive training will be given. You will need to have a reasonable level of fitness, and a sense of adventure.
Can I take photos?
A professional photographer will be taking photos along the way, and photos are available by the raft full for an additional charge. The tour is GoPro friendly - if you have one feel free to bring it along. Please bring a chest mount or alternatively, the supplier has a limited supply available to rent.
- You must be 13+ years to join this experience.
- If for any reason the supplier feels safety is compromised, they reserve the right to cancel any trip or person.
- The operator is not liable for any loss, damage or injury (whether direct or indirect or consequential, however arising) suffered by the guest or any person associated with the guest in relation to the booked activity.
- Cancellations within 24 hours and "no shows" are non-refundable.
- A 20% cancellation fee applies to any booking cancelled prior. Weather cancellation by the operator will be rescheduled or refunded in full.
Read full supplier's terms & conditions