- Get up to $15 cash back per person when you book with us!
- Exclusive deal to Backpacker Deals with Best Price Gaurantee!
- 4 hours of guided hiking along the unique landscape of Mt Tarawera
- Courtesy transport from all Rotorua central accommodation locations
No food or beverages are provided but you are encouraged to bring your own such as water bottle, dried fruits, energy bar...
What to Expect
Experience the unique landscape and history of Mt Tarawera. Infamous for its eruption on June 10th, 1886, Mt Tarawera created the world's youngest geothermal valley of Waimangu, at the same destroying the legendary Pink and White Terraces.
- No previous experience is required on any of adventures as a full and comprehensive safety briefing will be conducted prior to each excursion.
- We provide courtesy transport from all Rotorua central accommodation locations.
- We operate 364 days per year closing for Christmas Day only.
What to bring:
- Comfortable outdoor walking shoes, adequate clothing such as Rain Jackets and warm, comfortable walking clothing.
Frequently Asked Questions
No not at all. Kaitiaki Adventures will give all the training required and will assist you throughout the trip.
Activities are subject to cancellation due to weather conditions - in which case a 100% refund will be provided
Cancel anytime up to 48 hours prior to booking for a 100% refund.
Reviews for Mt. Tarawera Guided Hiking Experience
Get Instant Confirmation