- Get up to $15 cash back per person when you book with us
- Water bottle and chocolate bar
- Manupirua Thermal Hot Pools admission
- All kayaking equipment
- Drybags for cameras
- Professional guides
Lake Rotoiti Kayak Tour including Hot Springs and Glow Worms - 3 HoursEnjoy a scenic sea kayak tour past native bush, with a stop at Manupirua Hot Pools included!
Why do we love this
We love the combo of glow worms and natural hot springs - what bliss!
What to Expect
Experience two of New Zealand’s best-kept secrets on this scenic kayaking tour. Not only do you get to paddle over stunning Lake Rotoiti, you'll also get to see a glow worm cave and take a dip in the Manupirua Hot Pools!
Start your adventure at 8.30 am or 1.30 pm. Meet at Okere Falls Store/Cafe (757A State Highway 33, Okere Falls) and follow your guide to the launch point.
You'll get a briefing and learn the ropes before you enter the water on your kayak. Once you're ready to go, the magic begins! This scenic sea kayak tour takes you past landscapes like no other! Enjoy views of the cascading native bush including the Pohutukawa, NZ’s native Christmas tree. You'll also see classic kiwi holiday homes dotted amongst the cliffs and coves.
Then, paddle around the quiet lake's edge and watch the abundant birdlife that surrounds you. You'll also hear some of the myths and legends of the Maori people linked to the area.
Next, it's time to travel through the thick bush to enter the glow worm cave. Watch these mesmerising creatures flit above you as your guide tells you more about them.
After enjoying the constellation of glow worms, you'll make your way across the lake to Manupirua Hot Pools which are only accessible by water. Relax with the locals in the natural geothermal pools and admire the beauty of your surroundings. This is the perfect chance to reflect on your trip so far and maybe tuck into your complimentary chocolate bar and water.
Later, paddle back over the lake to the bank. Make sure you take in all the stunning views as you go. You don't want to forget this experience!
This tour is approximately 3.5 hours in total. Paddling time is approximately 2 hours. It is suitable for all ages.
- Two person minimum for all kayak tours to operate.
- Cancellation made 24hrs prior to the scheduled departure, with the consultation of the Waimarino Group manager - 100% refund.
- Less than 24 hours prior to departure - no refund.
- Failure to present for tour - no refund.
- Postponement to another day will not incur any charges. Please contact us no less than 3 hours prior to your tour's departure to arrange this.
- Waimarino Group reserves the right to cancel the tour on the day, due to weather or any safety concerns. If this is done, the tour will be postponed or a full refund will be made.
Why book with us?
- Best Price Guarantee
- Free & Easy Cancellation
- Up to 10% Cashback
- 100,000 5 Star Reviews
- Book Securely