- Wet weather clothing and blankets are available on all our tours.
- We are flexible and able to customise any charter to your specific requirements.
- Drinks are available on all tours for purchase.
- Taste of Taupo Option - Pizza + 1 glass of beer selection, wine selection or non-alcoholic drinks.
- Sunset Heaven Option - Pizza + 2 glasses of beer selection, wine selection or non-alcoholic drinks.
WHAT TO EXPECT
Escape the hectic life and enjoy your sailing experience in comfort and style with Kindred Spirit, the largest charter yacht on Lake Taupo. Built in 1976 by Alan Orams in Whangarei, Kindred Spirit features an L. Francis Herreshoff design, a cutter rigged sloop and a full keel, giving the boat less draft and a wider beam. Cruise in superior comfort with a large deck space and a lounge under the main deck seating up to 12 people. We have a fridge and freezer aboard, as well as a high quality sound system. The boat is fully equipped for safety and enjoyment.
Experience the beauty of a scenic sailing tour to the Maori Rock Carvings, one of the most extraordinary contemporary carvings in the world. Listen to our experienced skippers and learn about the history of the lake. Give the crew a hand hoisting the sails and take a turn on the wheel or just snuggle under some blankets and enjoy the wide selection of drinks. Take a dip and swim in the crystal-clear waters of the largest freshwater lake in Australasia (weather dependent).
What To Bring:
- Your camera to capture some of the most breathtaking views around
- Swimsuit and towel, if you want to take a dip in the lake
- Warm clothing
- Soft shoes
- NO hard soled shoes or high heels
- NO wheelchairs or prams