- Get up to $15 cash back per person when you book with us
- A mesmerising 2 hour cruise around the beautiful Milford Sound
- Comfort guaranteed aboard a newly refurbished ship
- Access to an onboard bar and restaurant
- Wonderful views of Milford Sound and the chance to spot dolphins, seals and penguins
- Milford Sound levy
Milford Sound Coach and Cruise Departing Te AnauSpend an unforgettable day sailing around Milford Sound fiord - New Zealand's most popular tourist attraction
What to Expect
Milford Sound is a popular attraction for travellers from around New Zealand and all over the world. The beautiful fiord offers all sorts of breathtaking scenery and natural wildlife. On this Milford Sound Cruise and Coach Tour, you will get to see all of that plus more.
The tour departs from either Te Anau at 9:30am (year-round) or 11:30am (Nov - April). You will meet your driver and settle into the coach. If starting your journey in Te Anau, you will drive approximately 2 hours to Milford Sound.
Inside the custom built coach, extra-large windows, a glass roof, and angled seating allow for optimal viewing. The journey to Milford Sound is as spectacular as the destination, so sit back, relax and take in the views.
Go on to explore Milford Sound on the mighty Milford Mariner or Milford Haven. Featuring great viewing decks, comfy interiors and fresh craft beer on tap, guests will also be able to enjoy insightful commentary by the friendly guides.
Known for being an amazing nature and wildlife viewing opportunity, the spectacular Milford Sound includes everything from thundering waterfalls to sky-high mountains and lush rainforests.
From experiencing the spray of a waterfall as you cruise close to sheer rock faces, to treating yourself to a delicious refreshment from the cruising bar or restaurant, this day trip offers more than you could possibly imagine.
Once back at the cruise terminal, your driver will welcome you back onto your coach. If ending your journey in Te Anau, your drive back will take about 3 hours.
Depature info: Check in 20 minutes prior to departure at RealNZ Visitor Centre, 85 Lakefront Drive, Te Anau.
Please note: There are currently a lot of different departure times for different times of the year, but for the foreseeable future the departure time from Queenstown will be 10am (both summer and winter)
Frequently Asked Questions
Te Anau to Milford is around 2 hours 20 minutes. This timing allows for stops along the way for photos or short walks to places of interest. If driving make sure you fill your vehicle with petrol in Te Anau before travelling to Milford (there are no petrol stations at Milford Sound or en route).
Enjoy The Haven’s café-style menu, fresh craft beer and barista-made coffee.
You will return on the same bus you arrived on. You may be allowed to leave items on the bus but always check with the driver.
Non-slip shoes/boots, waterproof jacket, warm sweater/fleece jacket, sunscreen/sunglasses, insect repellent, camera and cash for onboard food & drink purchases.
- Cut off time for bookings is 6pm the night prior to departure to ensure everything (e.g. pickup) is arranged prior to the morning.
- The supplier (and associated companies) reserves the right to amend timetables, cancel departures, substitute plant and equipment and alter ticket prices at any time.
- All travellers accept responsibility for all personal items taken on any experience and are personally liable for these items at all times. The supplier is not responsible for the loss/damage to personal items taken on this experience at any time.
- All travellers accept that the supplier is not responsible for any injury incurred during this experience as a result of carrying personal items on their person. All travellers do so at their own risk.
- The sighting of wildlife is not a guarantee and lack of wildlife sightings is not considered reason for refund.
- Transfers: Reservations can be transferred to another date (subject to availability) up to 24 hours prior to departure with no transfer fee incurred.
- Cancellations: Cancellations must be received 24 hours prior to trip departure. Trips are non-refundable after this point.
- The Supplier reserves the right to cancel trips or substitute another river or section of river for safety reasons.
Why book with us?
- Best Price Guarantee
- Free & Easy Cancellation
- Up to 10% Cashback
- 100,000 5 Star Reviews
- Book Securely