- Get up to $10 cash back per person when you book with us
- 3 hr guided kayak tour around the Garden Island & the Adelaide Dolphin Sanctuary
- Use of all equipment including life jacket, double kayaks, & waterproof bag to keep your gear dry
- Departs from the meeting point at Angas Inlet Boat Club, Lot 204 Garden Island Rd, Port Adelaide
What to Expect
It's not every day that you get the opportunity to paddle your way through a 10,000-year-old mangrove forest amid approximately 30 residents and 300 transient dolphins. It's an exceptional experience that simply can't be replicated, which is why this guided kayak tour is a must-do!
The lead guide and Marine Biologist has over five years of experience working with marine mammals and wildlife. You don't need any prior kayaking experience, you travel at a comfortable pace to accommodate all participants, but you do need reasonable fitness levels.
Once you get out in the water, the group will paddle through creeks whilst listening to local Aboriginal stories. View the abundant birdlife, marine mammals and other creatures that make up the intricate ecosystem. Another addition to this experience is the Adelaide Dolphin Sanctuary, part of South Australia's largest port. It has a rich Aboriginal and European cultural background with several noteworthy landmarks to explore.
The Sanctuary boasts the 10,000-year-old mangrove forest, which makes the ultimate feeding grounds for dolphins due to the abundance of seagrass, saltmarsh, and the tidal flats and creeks. In addition, the Adelaide International Bird Sanctuary shares a big part of the northern coastal habitat for those interested in bird watching.
Several other locations make perfect spectating grounds to watch local residents like fur seals, stingrays, and even the endangered Australian sea lion. Of course, this is a wild sanctuary, and therefore the animals are free to come and go as they please, so your guide cannot guarantee that you will be lucky enough to see them on the day. However, sightings are frequent!
Demonstrations and all equipment—including life jackets—will be provided on arrival. You're also welcome to bring snacks as you see fit. Finally, depending on the weather conditions and your kayaking technique, you may get wet, so it's best to bring a change of clothes just in case.
Where we Visit:
- Garden Island
- Adelaide Dolphin Sanctuary
Frequently Asked Questions
- Protection from the sun
- Drink bottle & Snack
- Camera (waterproof is a safer option but the guide will provide a dry bag)
- Shoes that may get wet (optional)
Participants need to have a reasonable level of fitness and be able to get in and out of a kayak and paddle adequately. Guests also need to declare any medical conditions or injuries and come equipped with medication.
Reviews for Adelaide Dolphin Sanctuary Guided Eco Kayak Tour
Total review count and overall rating based on Backpackerdeals and Travello reviews.
We’d love to hear about your experience! Share your feedback with us, and get rewarded!
- When participating in a kayaking tour, a waiver of liability will need to be signed
- Staff reserve the right to refuse anyone that is deemed intoxicated or uncooperative. In this event, all funds will be forfeited
- The minimum age to participate is 9 years, and children aged 9-12 years old must be accompanied by an adult kayaker in a double kayak. Participants under the age of 18 years will also need a signature from a responsible person (18 years and older)
- Participants must have reasonable fitness levels
- Bookings of 5 or less participants: If cancellations are made less than 24 hrs prior to scheduled departure date or participants fail to show, The Operator is unable to provide a refund or reschedule
- Bookings of 6 or more passengers: Cancellations within 7 days of departure date are charged at $10.00 per participant. If cancellations are made less than 48 hrs prior to the scheduled departure date or participants fail to show, The Operator is unable to provide a refund or reschedule
All customer cancellation & refund requests are also subject to our website’s own refund conditions.
Book your experience stress-free and know we're here to help.
Get Instant Confirmation