Explore some of the Whitsundays best-kept secrets
Fun and informative ECO tour guides
Relax on the deck of Tongarra
Feast on delicious snacks and lunch
Snorkels at the best fringing reefs the region has to offer
Enjoy a fun “Red Shark” ride
Explore Langford Sandbar and snorkel straight off the sand
Snorkel gear and stinger suit included
Return sunset sail back to Airlie Beach
WHAT TO EXPECT
Are you ready for a unique island experience? Hoist the sails and hop on board the mighty Tongarra for an adventure to Whitsundays best-kept secret Langford Sandbar. This all-inclusive day tour will take you off the beaten track to some of the Whitsunday Islands' secret spots. You'll encounter the most incredible range of marine life and witness the wonders of the Great Barrier Reef from above and below the surface.
This tour invites you to relax with friends or family on board the boat. Tongarra day sail offers a large comfortable deck, spacious seating, chilled tunes, and spectacular scenery. We will provide history talks, and guests will learn from the experienced crew about the reefs and the beautiful islands. Snorkel at pristine locations in secluded anchorages and bays and come face to face with tropical fish, colourful corals, and more.
Sailing in the Whitsundays is a unique experience. The protection of the islands makes for smooth sailing all year long, making this the perfect day trip or weekend getaway. The incredibly clear, blue water of the Coral Sea and the stunning vistas help quench the most ardent thirst for adventure. Help hoist the sails, take the helm, and experience an aquatic playground designed for yachties.
Enjoy the beautiful weather, observe the extraordinary (and friendly) marine life, enjoy delicious food, and relax as you spend a day on the water. Grab your camera, feel the ocean breeze in your hair, and enjoy Whitsunday's unique locations!
- Homemade chocolate brownie
- Zucchini frittata and quiche lorraine
Cold sliced meat and cheese platter
Fresh pasta salad
Chinese noodle salad
- Grazing platter
Whitsundays Day Sail Tour Onboard Tongarra
|11:00AM - 12:00PM|
Monday, 29-04-2016 11:00 AM - 12:00PM
How many participants are there?
Minimum unit order: 1 persons.
2 Adults + 2 Children:
What should I bring?
- Practical clothing (waterproof jacket)
- Sunscreen, beach towel, and swimmers in a small backpack
- BYO alcohol
- A sense of adventure!
What's the minimum age?
Suitable for all travellers 6 years and older.
When does the tour depart and return?
Departs at 10am and returns at 6pm.
How many passengers are on the vessel?
24 passengers and 2 crew members
Will I get seasick?
The vessel is a stable catamaran, which means it doesn't roll as much as other vessels in the Whitsundays. We advise that you take a seasickness tablet 30 minutes before stepping on board.
Where do I check in?
Please check in at 350 Shute Harbour Road, Airlie Beach the day prior to travel between 12 pm – 5 pm or between 10 am – 12 pm the day of departure.
Does the tour cater to dietary requirements?
The tour designed its menu to be able to cater to most dietary requirements, including complimentary vegetarian options. The tour is unable to cater to vegan or halal diets.
Where can I store my bag during the trip?
The tour offers attended bag services and self-operated lockers that are secure so no need to worry about possessions going missing or bags being stolen. The facility has been fitted with security cameras, smoke-free premises plus air-conditioned for additional freshness.
- All prices are per person in AUD and include GST, National Park, Great Barrier Reef Marine Park entry fees, professional skipper and host, live aboard, all meals, and use of snorkel suits and snorkelling equipment. The tour reserves the right to substitute vessels without notice at any time for any reason.
- The tour recommends you take out travel insurance covering illness, injury, loss of personal goods and the inability to travel due to weather.
- Note that adventure travel involves risk. Whilst we make every effort to safeguard guests, we cannot be responsible for any damage, personal injury or loss due to the actions of passengers that are beyond our control.
- All cruises are subject to weather and the vessel operator's discretion. Please allow extra time to travel during the wet season (Dec-May). At certain times of the year 'dangerous' jellyfish inhabit these waters. Passengers entering the water do so at their own risk. Accordingly, the tour shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any injury to person or property which is suffered or sustained by any passenger as a result of participating in any of its sailing adventures, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
- Cancellations within 21 days of departure will forfeit the full cost of the trip.