- Get up to $15 cash back per person when you book with us
- Full day catamaran cruise around the Whitsunday Islands
- Stops at Hill Inlet Lookout and Whitehaven Beach
- 2 snorkelling locations & use of snorkelling equipment
- Lunch, morning and afternoon snacks
- Stinger suit hire and wetsuit hire (winter months only)
- Parks fees and fuel levy
- 30L dry bag for belongings
- Free bus transfers from Airlie Beach, Cannonvale and Jubilee Pocket
What to Expect
Experience a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity with a Whitsundays adventure that visits the best locations including Whitehaven Beach and Hill Inlet Lookout, and travels all around the islands in just one day! Thundercat offers an exhilarating ride around the Whitsunday Islands in comfort and style and is custom-built for the Whitsunday conditions. It’s also one of the fastest catamarans in the Whitsundays and has been designed for stability and speed so it’s perfect for passengers who are concerned about seasickness. Enjoy the convenience of onboard toilets and individual seating with back support.
Depart from the award-winning Coral Sea Marina at 9 am and travel to Tongue Bay on Whitsunday Island, the largest island of the Whitsunday group. This is the ideal spot from which to embark on a guided bush walk to Hill Inlet Lookout. Take in the spectacular panoramic views of the beach and its swirling sands. Don’t forget your camera, as this is a great opportunity to take photos!
Speaking of photo opportunities, the next stop is a must for photos – Whitehaven Beach. Spend 1 hr 30 mins strolling along the famous sandy stretches, checking out the amazing scenery, and soaking away your worries in the cool, refreshing water. This award-winning beach is 7km long and is famous for its crystal clear waters and perfect 98% silica white sand.
Along the way, you’ll enjoy morning tea and lunch, and you’re in for a treat with both. Morning tea is a delicious homemade chocolate brownie. Then for lunch, enjoy a wide selection including zucchini frittata, quiche Lorraine, cold meats and cheeses, fresh salad, pasta salad, Chinese noodle salad, and bread rolls. You’re also welcome to BYO alcoholic drinks, although there’s no glass or red wine permitted.
Having spent time on lands, it’s time to head under the sea. You’ll visit two snorkelling locations on the fringing Great Barrier Reef. The first stop is Stonehaven Bay, a beautiful location on the northeast side of Whitsunday Island. The bay offers beautiful coral and marine life and is one of the quietest snorkelling spots in the Whitsundays. The second is Manta Ray Bay is one of the most popular snorkelling locations in the Whitsundays Islands. The Bay is situated on the northern tip of Hook Island in the Whitsundays, has an array of underwater valleys, caves and plenty of different fish types.
Later, it's time to head back to Airlie Beach, enjoying an afternoon tea of fresh fruit kebabs as you travel. You'll return at approximately 5 pm.
There are many benefits to booking the Thundercat including a longer day so you can spend more time at iconic locations. You’ll also enjoy an all-inclusive experience, with the use of all snorkelling equipment including stinger suit and wetsuits in winter, and all catering with freshly made morning tea, lunch, and afternoon tea. They won the 2018 and 2019 GOLD award for best Major Tour and Transport Operator in Australia and the 2018 and 2019 Queensland and Whitsunday GOLD award for Adventure Tourism. Best of all, you’ll also peace of mind that you are travelling on a Climate Action Leading tour.
Where we visit:
- Whitsunday Islands
- Hill Inlet Lookout
- Whitehaven Beach
- Stonehaven Bay
- Mantaray Bay
- Tongue Bay
Frequently Asked Questions
Thundercat is unable to cater to all dietary requirements as we do not have a kitchen on board. We have designed our menu to suit the majority of customers needs including gluten-free, vegetarian and lactose Intolerant. If a passenger has an allergy other than a nut allergy, we recommend that they take note of our menu. If it’s not satisfactory please feel free to bring additional food and snacks and we will happily place them in our cold esky.
- Towel and a hat
- Practical clothing and footwear (warmer items during winter)
- Wet weather jacket/windproof jacket
- Underwater camera and iPod with your favourite music
- BYO alcohol (no glass or red wine, please)
- A sense of fun and adventure!
The vessels are all stable catamarans, which means they don’t roll as much as other vessels in the Whitsundays. You’re less likely to get seasick on Thundercat than on a monohull. We cannot predict how your body will react on the vessels and some passengers still get sick. We advise that you take a seasickness tablet 30 minutes before stepping on board.
Please make your way to the Coral Sea Marina meeting area next to the roundabout at 8.30 am. The vessel will depart at 9 am sharp, so please don’t be late.
- The operator reserves the right to substitute vessels without notice at any time for any reason
- All cruises are subject to weather and the vessel operator's discretion
- Please allow extra time to travel during the wet season (Dec-May)
- Whilst the operator makes every effort to safeguard guests, we cannot be responsible for any damage, personal injury or loss due to the actions of passengers that are beyond our control
- At certain times of the year, ‘dangerous’ jellyfish inhabit these waters and passengers should take care of their own safety. Passengers entering the water do so at their own risk and the owner of the vessel will not be liable for any personal injury, illness, death or any other consequences whatsoever of passengers being stung by jellyfish. To minimise this risk you will be provided with a full-length protective ‘Snorkel Suit’ to wear whilst swimming and snorkelling during the cruise
- Cancellations made less than 24hours prior to departure will result in a 100% cancellation fee
- A minimum of 24 hours is required to change tour departure dates
- Airlie Apartments
- Airlie Beach Central (Red Cat Adventures Office)
- Airlie Beach Hotel
- Airlie Guest House
- Airlie View
- Azure Sea Resort
- Backpackers by the Bay / Boathaven Spa Resort
- Big 4 Adventure Whitsunday Resort
- Big 4 Tropical Eco Resort
- Boat Haven Spa resort
- Bush Village Cabins
- Centro Bus Stop
- Club Wyndham
- Club Wyndham (Old Peppers)
- Coral Sea Resort
- Corner of Golden Orchid Drive/Waterson Way
- Discovery Parks
- Hungry Jacks
- Island Gateway Caravan Park
- Kipara Tropical Rainforest Retreat
- Making own way
- Mango House Resort
- Mantra Boathouse Apartments
- Mantra Club Croc
- Marina Shores
- Mirage Whitsundays
- NRMA Holiday Park
- Seabreeze Tourist Park
- Searene Apartments
- Seastar Apartments
- Sebel (Blue Horizon)
- Soul House
- Stonehaven Court
- Summit Apartments
- Tafe Cannonvale
- Tasman Holiday Parks (Island Gateway)
- Waters Edge Resort
- Whitsunday Plaza Bus Stop
- Whitsunday Reflections
- Whitsunday Terraces Resort
- Whitsunday Vista Apartments
Reviews for Whitehaven Beach & Hill Inlet Outlook Day Tour
Get Instant Confirmation