- 90-minute guided kayak
- All kayaking equipment
- Safety Briefing by trained adventure staff
- Personal Flotation Devices
- Complimentary showers and sunscreen are also available for your use
Brisbane City Day Kayak Adventure
Soak up the famous Queensland sunshine and hit the water on this kayaking adventure on the beautiful Brisbane River.
WHAT TO EXPECT
Discover Brisbane's natural assets and urban playground on a guided Brisbane City kayaking experience. To begin, learn tricks and tips from the friendly, highly qualified kayaking instructor. Once you are geared up, we are then going to help you and your crew get in your kayaks, before weaving your way along the reaches of the famous Brisbane River.
Sights you might see along the way (depending on tide and direction) include The Story Bridge, Myora Shipwreck, Howard Smith Wharves, Kangaroo Point Cliffs, Queensland Maritime Museum, The Channel 7 Wheel of Brisbane, BRISBANE sign, or the Goodwill Bridge. As you paddle, your guide will tell you interesting facts and stories about Brisbane and the Brisbane River throughout the experience.
Soak up the sunshine and city views, seeing Brisbane from a new perspective. It's a wonderful way to spend a few hours with family or friends, getting active and enjoying your time in the city.
Whether you're a natural on the water, a first-timer or somewhere in between, this kayaking experience is suitable for everyone. Brisbane's calm, protected waters make the perfect setting for learning how to kayak. Your trained guides will take you through your safety briefing, show you the ropes and be available at every step of your journey.
Where we visit:
- Brisbane River (sights vary on paddling direction)
- The Story Bridge
- Myora Shipwreck
- Howard Smith Wharves
- Kangaroo Point Cliffs
- Queensland Maritime Museum
- The Channel 7 Wheel of Brisbane
- BRISBANE sign
- The Goodwill Bridge
Brisbane City Day Kayak Adventure
|11:00AM - 12:00PM|
Monday, 29-04-2016 11:00 AM - 12:00PM
How many participants are there?
Child (8 - 16):
2 Adults + 2 Children:
What should I bring?
Please bring with you clothes that can get wet, a spare change of clothes, a towel, and a water bottle. Kayaking is a barefoot activity.
Are there any weight or height restrictions?
There are no height restrictions for this activity. The maximum weight for this activity is 100kg.
Do I need any experience?
No! Our highly qualified kayaking instructors will guide you through your entire experience making sure you are confident on the water.
What happens if I fall in?
Whilst unlikely, if you fall in do not panic. One of your guides will assist you in getting back in your kayak using the instructions given during your safety briefing.
Do I need to know how to swim?
While useful, you will have a Personal Flotation Device (Lifejacket) to ensure you are floating if you fall in. Your instructor will be nearby to assist you.
Where are you located?
We are located at the heritage-listed Naval Stores, Lower River Terrace, Kangaroo Point.
Is there parking onsite?
No, there is no parking onsite. There is street parking nearby on River Terrace, Lower River Terrace, or Hamilton Street.
What happens if the weather is bad?
The kayaking adventures operate in all weather conditions except during electrical storms and hail storms. All other adventures may be cancelled during periods of heavy rain or adverse weather conditions. On the rare occasion, we need to cancel a scheduled adventure, a new booking will be made or a voucher issued at no cost.
All bookings are non-refundable.
Can I drink before my experience?
The operator has a Zero Tolerance Drugs & Alcohol Policy for all activities. Because of this, if found to be in breach of this policy, you can not participate in the adventure. Should you arrive intoxicated, there are no options for rescheduling or refunds. However, if you are looking to have a drink afterwards, we have alcoholic beverages available.
- All participants must sign an Indemnity Agreement Form personally, or by an Agent or Guardian if the participant is under the age of 18 years
- The operator runs kayaking adventures in all weather conditions except during electrical storms and hail storms
- The minimum age is 8 years. Children aged 8 to 16 years must be accompanied by an adult
- The operator has a Zero Tolerance Drugs & Alcohol Policy for all activities
- No refunds given
- Bookings can be rescheduled for a fee of $8.50 per person providing at least 48 hours notice is given
- If between 24-48 hours notice has been given, this fee will increase to 20% of the activity's cost per person
- If less than 24 hours notice has been given, there will be no opportunity to reschedule the booking
Read full supplier's terms & conditions