- Full day Moreton Bay cruise
- Water activities including swimming & boom-netting
- Marine safari spotting dolphins, turtles, dugongs, & occasionally whales in the winter
- Tea, coffee & biscuits
- Afternoon tea
Moreton Island Day Cruise & Eco Marine Safari
Spend a day on the water at Moreton Island with this eco cruise & marine safari. Join a variety of water activities, relax on deck, enjoy a drink or two, and spot wildlife in their natural habitat.
- Transfers to & from Newport Marina, guests must find their own way there
- Guided Snorkeling & Fish Feeding Tour (payable direct on the day, in cash)
- Drinks & snacks from the bar (cash required)
WHAT TO EXPECT
Spend a day off the beaten track at one of Brisbane’s best-kept secrets – Moreton Island. Snorkel the crystal clear aqua water of the Tangalooma Wrecks and experience pristine white sandy beaches with an abundance of marine life. Dolphins, turtles, dugongs and whales all call this paradise home.
Start your day at the Newport Marina with check-in on the boat at 8:00 am with tea, coffee and biscuits. Parking is free at the marina. The vessel will depart the marina and you will enjoy a 55-minute cruise to Moreton Island, stopping if any dolphins or whales are spotted on the way over.
You will be ready and dressed in your wet suit as we arrive to jump straight into the water for an action-packed boom-netting ride. Climb on the net and ride it behind the boat for an adrenaline rush like you've never experienced. Then, you can also join the optional (extra cost applies, payable direct on the day) Guided Snorkeling and Fish Feeding Tour and explore the Tangalooma Wrecks.
After a morning in the water, you'll have free time on the beach at Moreton Island to swim, sunbath and climb the famous sandhills, returning to the boat for a fresh healthy lunch of local prawns, leg ham, salad, bread rolls and roast chicken, all cooked and prepared in the early hours of the morning for you. If you like, head to the bar, grab a cold drink and sit back and relax on the beach or the boat and take in the picturesque scenery while enjoying your lunch.
The afternoon will conclude with a relaxing Eco Marine Safari, cruising the calm shallow aqua water spotting dolphins, dugongs, turtles and other local marine life. Take something away with you as you learn from the full commentary explaining the history of the Island, local marine life and habitat.
Where we visit:
- Moreton Island
- Tangalooma Wrecks
- Moreton Island sandhills
Moreton Island Day Cruise & Eco Marine Safari
|11:00AM - 12:00PM|
Monday, 29-04-2016 11:00 AM - 12:00PM
How many participants are there?
2 Adults + 2 Children:
How long is the cruise over to Moreton Island?
The trip each way is approximately 50 minutes. However, this can vary depending on the weather conditions and whether we see pods of Dolphins or Whales along the way which we will stop and interact with.
Where can I park to board the boat at Newport Marina?
The marina has free all day and overnight parking on site. Once you have parked your car, please make your way down to the commercial section which is at the end of the marina.
Are there bathroom facilities on board the boat?
Yes. There are two toilets/change areas and an outdoor freshwater shower on the back of the boat.
Is there food and drinks available to purchase on board?
Yes. There is a fully licensed bar on board available to purchase soft drinks, alcohol and snacks. Please note, there is no EFTPOS available onboard – cash only. Free tea and coffee, lunch and afternoon tea are all included in the price.
What's for lunch?
We offer a healthy lunch consisting of freshly baked bread rolls and roast chicken cooked in the early hours of the morning, along with salads and fresh local prawns. Please note if you are vegetarian, you are still catered for and can prepare yourself a fresh salad roll, as all of our ingredients are separated at the time of preparation and serving.
Are strollers allowed on board?
Yes. If you require assistance getting on and off the boat, please ask the friendly staff on board.
Is there comfortable seating available on board?
Yes. Chairs, tables and lounges are available in the air-conditioned saloon area and there is also a top deck, back deck and front deck for you to enjoy your day out on the water.
Is the ferry wheelchair friendly?
Unfortunately, no, the boat is not wheelchair accessible. Mobility and movement will be an issue in disembarkation/embarkation from the vessel.
How do I disembark onto the island for the lunch break?
We will anchor as close as possible in the calm water to the beach and you may either swim across to the island to enjoy your free time or we can take you across in our safety vessel (also known as a tender or rubber duck).
What is Boom-netting?
Boom-netting is when we put a big net into the water at the back of the boat and you climb onto it and we tow you around for an exhilarating thrill ride.
Do I need to wear a wetsuit for Boom-netting and Snorkeling?
Yes. All participants MUST wear a wetsuit for their own safety, to help with buoyancy in the water and also to protect you from any sharp objects when snorkelling the wrecks.
How long is the snorkeling tour?
Around 50 minutes long, and you MUST be able to swim as you will be swimming a length of approximately 600 metres in all weather and tidal conditions.
Can I snorkel the wrecks on my own and not participate in the guided tour?
No. Due to Queensland Workplace Health and Safety Legislation and Risk Assessments, we are unable to allow patrons to snorkel alone at the Moreton Island Wrecks whilst on our cruise.
- Guests must make their own way to Newport Marina for departure
- Check-in is on the boat at 8:00 am sharp
- Participants MUST be able to swim to participate in the Boom-netting and Guided Snorkeling and Fish Feeding Tour
- Snorkelling and boom-netting are potentially hazardous activities and based on the medical and fitness information you provide the Master of the vessel will decide if you are fit enough to participate in these activities
- The operator reserves the right to substitute the vessel and/or change the day's itinerary or snorkel site without notice. Cruises can be cancelled at the operators discretion taking into account and not limited to weather conditions on the day
- There are no EFTPOS or credit card facilities available on board, so please bring cash
- Customer cancellations will incur a 100% loss of fare if less than 5 days notice prior to the departure date has been provided in writing
- Customers may request a date change more than 5 days prior to departure without penalty, however, date changes are subject to availability so requests are not guaranteed
Read full supplier's terms & conditions
- Best Price Guarantee
- Free & Easy Cancellation
- Up to 10% Cashback
- 100,000 5 Star Reviews