- Expert guide
- Ferry fees
- Incredible scenery on North Stradbroke Island
- Wildlife encounters
- Hotel pick up
- Morning and afternoon tea (available on the boat)
What to Expect
Brace yourself for a day full of natural highlights you would never expect to see so close to a massive city like Brisbane! North Stradbroke Island is only 50 kilometres away from downtown Brisbane, but it has enchanting landscapes, beguiling animal species, and tons of cool activities in store.
The day starts around 7.45 am at the tour operator’s office in central Brisbane, where you’ll start the bus journey to the ferry terminal. Here, you’ll transfer to the boat that rides 45 minutes across the Moreton Bay to North Stradbroke Island.
North Stradbroke Island is the second-largest sand island in the world, and it’s blessed with stunning beaches, a massive range of animal species, and craggy coastlines.
Get a proper introduction to the island at Point Lookout, where you can walk the North Gorge Walk. Explore this stunning natural canal, carved out by the pounding ocean. From June to October, you’ll even get a chance to see migrating humpback whales passing by!
Apart from seeing this picture-perfect part of the island’s coast, you’ll experience the vintage atmosphere of the historical town Dunwich, and go beach-hopping to Frenchman’s Beach and Cylinder Beach.
This tour is relaxing, and you’ll have a break at Cylinder Beach. Jump in for a swim in the crystal clear ocean, or go for a snorkelling session in search of manta rays and sea turtles.
You’ll stop for a lunch break ( own expense ) at the nearby Stradbroke Island Beach Hotel, from where you can enjoy superb vistas over Cylinder Beach and the ocean.
Soak up the tranquillity of the Myora Springs, and listen to stories about the battle between the Aboriginals and the colonial military that took place here.
After a day full of memorable highlights, you’ll be taken back to the centre of Brisbane where the tour ends. The estimated duration of this tour is 9,5 to 10 hours.
Frequently Asked Questions
Children of 5 years and older are welcome to join this tour. The tour buses are not equipped to seat kids younger than that.
For this trip, it’s recommended to bring sunblock, swimwear, a beach towel, drinking water, and a camera.
Lunch is included in the rate. Snacks and other meals can be ordered on the boat.
222 Margaret Street, Brisbane City
- The tour company can’t be held responsible for the loss of property or injuries.
- Tour participants acknowledge that this tour involves risks.
- All children must be accompanied by an adult
- Buses are not equipped to seat children younger than 5 years.
- In case tours are cancelled due to extreme weather or road closures, a full refund will be given.
- When you cancel more 2 to 7 days before departure, a total of 75% of the amount will be refunded.
- When you cancel 2 days prior to departure, 50% of the amount will be refunded.
- When you cancel your trip less than 2 days before departure, no refund will be given.
- Brisbane City
Reviews for North Stradbroke Island - Day in Paradise Tour
Get Instant Confirmation