- See and learn about freshwater lakes, beaches, marine life, wildlife, culture, & history in Queensland!
- Embark on the Gorge Walk, one of the most amazing coastal walks in Australia!
- No rushing — spend a decent amount of time enjoying the attractions
- Plenty of stops for amazing pictures
- Informative and friendly guide, good chat, great music, and good vibes!
- Small groups to create a more intimate experience
- Pick up from Gold Coast or Brisbane CBD (optional extra $50 regardless of the number of people)
- Return ferry ticket
- Water bottle
WHAT TO EXPECT
Visit North Stradbroke Island, the world’s second-largest sand island, on this informative and scenic tour. A visit to North Stradbroke Island ('Straddie' as the locals call it) has a charming, retro, laidback vibe. On this tour, you'll go for a coastal walk, hit the beach, and delve into the Queensland sand island’s fascinating history.
The tour starts bright and early so you can get to the attractions before the crowds and enjoy the early morning Bay crossing! Departure starts from Brisbane is at 6:30 am (with an optional pick up from Gold Coast or Brisbane CBD that can be arranged for an additional $50 regardless number of people).
After a short 45 minutes drive to the ferry port, the tour stops for breakfast (at your own expense) either at the port or during the ferry crossing. After arriving at North Stradbroke Island, the first stop is Brown Lake. On the way to the beautiful lake, the tour guide will talk about the island and the historic and cultural importance of the Quandamooka People.
From there, after a quick stop at Myora Springs, the tour continues to the Northwest side of the island. There's a perfect lookout spot to take pictures and go for a walk at Cylinder Beach. Next, the tour arrives at the biggest attraction of the day: the Gorge Walk. On this 40-45 minutes walk, you'll enjoy amazing views of the Coral Sea at the South Pacific Ocean, and its incredible marine life. You may get the chance to spot manta rays, turtles, dolphins, and more!
After the Gorge Walk, it's time for lunch at Point Lookout. You can either bring your own lunch or buy a takeaway and enjoy a picnic with amazing views. You'll have ample time to relax at the beach. The tour also provides the option to follow the tour guide to Amity Point to search for koalas in the wild. But if you're enjoying the beach, you can stay put and continue relaxing. After a full day on North Stradbroke Island, you'll take the ferry back to the mainland. The expected time of arrival in Brisbane is around 4 pm.
The sunset tour of North Stradbroke Island departs Brisbane at 10 am and returns at 7:30 pm. The later start date guarantees sunset views during the ferry ride back the Brisbane at the end of the day.
North Stradbroke Island Tour
|11:00AM - 12:00PM|
Monday, 29-04-2016 11:00 AM - 12:00PM
How many participants are there?
Minimum unit order: 1 persons.
Do you pick up?
Yes, for an additional $50, regardless of the number of people from either Gold Coast or Brisbane CBD
- For a standard small group tour, a full refund will be provided if cancelled/rescheduled up to 48 hours before the start of the tour, no refunds or rescheduling after that.
- COVID-19 Related Exceptional Cancellation Policy:
- In case of government-declared lockdowns and/or flights' last-minute cancellations due to imposed government restrictions, an alternative rescheduling date will be offered or a full refund will be provided at any time.