- Get up to $10 cash back per person when you book with us
- A 2 hr whale watching cruise off the coast of Dunsborough onboard a luxury 20-metre catamaran
- The chance to spot Humpback Whales, Southern Right Whales & the rare Blue & Minke Whales
- Morning or afternoon tea, including coffee, tea, milo, green tea, filtered water and biscuits
- Departs from the meeting point at the Professional Fishermans Boat Ramp, 306 Geographe Bay Rd, Quindalup
Dunsborough Whale Watching Eco TourRelax & enjoy the amazing scenery on this whale watching cruise from Dunsborough.
What to Expect
Join this whale watching experience like no other. The professional and friendly crew will ensure you will have an amazing time on board and leave feeling inspired, educated, and amazed by nature's wonders.
Relax and enjoy the amazing scenery on board luxury vessel Alison Maree a 20-metre catamaran built in Western Australia for West Australian conditions. The Alison Maree is family-friendly and suitable for all ages. Parents can feel confident and rest assured that their young ones will be safe with safety rails all around the vessel and children's life jackets on board for peace of mind. Modern bathroom facilities are available, and you'll feel like a VIP with complimentary access to the Captain's Lounge.
The cruises are approximately 2 hrs long and provide you with the opportunity to view Humpback Whales, Southern Right Whales and the rare Blue and Minke Whales on both their northern and southern migrations. Each year the whales take the mighty journey north on their annual migration to the warmer waters to give birth to their young. They then return to the summer feeding grounds of Antarctica, accompanied by their calves that were born in the warm tropical waters of Australia’s northwest and beyond.
On their migration back south, the Humpback and Blue whales travel close to shore and pause to rest and nurse their calves in the calm, protected waters of Geographe Bay, Dunsborough. The views and interactions are so special, and it comes as no surprise that you are incredibly lucky to witness the major migration of more than 35,000 whales that move through Geographe Bay each year.
During your whale watching tour, other marine life you might encounter includes New Zealand Fur Seals, Bottlenose & Common Dolphins, and sea birds.
The crew are all trained in marine science and provide expert commentary while you enjoy morning or afternoon tea, including coffee, tea, milo, green tea, filtered water and biscuits.
Please note for the Dunsborough departure it is a beach boarding, and you will need to be transferred from the beach to the Alison Maree via a tender vessel; this is an easy and safe process with no complicated movements required, your feet will stay dry, it's all apart of the adventure!
Your time on the water is 2 hours. Including check-in, boarding and disembarking your vessel, please allow 3 hours in total for your experience.
Where we Visit:
- The waters off Cape Naturaliste
Frequently Asked Questions
Unfortunately, seasickness does not discriminate and can cause discomfort. We would highly recommend sea sickness tablets if you are unsure about how good your sea legs are. Seasickness tablets can be purchased over the counter at any chemist, without a prescription. Check with your pharmacist to find a brand that will suit your needs.
Wear comfortable walking shoes, something that you’re happy to walk through the sand with – thongs are fine, just not your favourite high heels!
The Dunsborough Whale Watching Experience requires a beach boarding as there are no marina/jetty facilities available in Dunsborough for commercial operators. Unfortunately, this does mean this tour is not wheelchair friendly.
The first response is always “Every day is a good day to come whale watching”! After all, The Operator only offers tours during the times the whales are around, and their success rate is 99%.
If you prefer warm weather and calm waters, the ideal time for you is from September to December in Dunsborough. If you don’t mind the cold, whale watching in August is an incredible experience.
- Check-in deadlines apply and may be strictly enforced. Check-in is 15-20 minutes prior to departure
- Whales are free-roving mammals so in the unlikely event of no whales being sighted you can join The Operator again for free. The “No Whale” re-visit offer is valid for 12 months between 1st June and 30th November
- To ensure maximum safety and enjoyment of the tour by yourself and other passengers you must follow all reasonable instructions given by the staff before, during and after the tour and you agree that you will ensure that any children in your care do the same
- The Operator reserves the right to cancel or change a tour or to replace any boats at any time in the interests of passenger safety. Weather and sea conditions can change quickly and this may alter the status of your tour at any time. In rough sea conditions, the boat captain may increase child age limits or place restrictions on or refuse to carry passengers with medical conditions and/or limited mobility and passengers who are pregnant
- Cancellations by guests will incur a minimum 20% fee
- Cancellations 14 days or less prior to departure incur a 50% fee
- Cancellations 7 days or less of departure, no refund applies
- If you need to change your booking please contact the office directly. All booking changes incur a 20% rebooking fee
Reviews for Dunsborough Whale Watching Eco Tour
Why book with us?
- Best Price Guarantee
- Free & Easy Cancellation
- Up to 10% Cashback
- 100,000 5 Star Reviews
- Book Securely