- Pickup and return transfers in the Perth CBD
- Transportation in a luxury minibus
- Tour Guide
- Wine and a tasting platter at Meelup Bay
A Taste of Margaret River Small Group TourTick the world-renowned Margaret River region off your bucket-list with this small group day tour that visits the rugged coast and award-winning wine country.
- Snacks & coffee
- Wine tasting at Passel Estate
- Additional purchases
What to Expect
Visiting the world-renowned Margaret River region is a bucket list experience. Sheltered bays to the north with turquoise waters, vineyards and rugged surf coast along its length and two oceans meeting at the southern tip. This beautiful wine country, with a thriving art scene and great food, has something for everyone.
This small-group tour will give you a taste of everything this region has on offer from its natural beauty to its award-winning wines. The first stop of the day is the Crooked Carrot Cafe at the halfway mark for coffee and food.
Next, it's on to Cowaramup, affectionately known as "Cow Town". It's the gateway to the Margaret River Region and a must stop for the delightful country town experience. Choose your own adventure from wine tasting at the Margaret River Wine Store, sample chocolate at Temper Temper Chocolate or stock up on regional delights at the Gourmet Food merchant. Following this, you'll visit the Margaret River Township, which is home to many exceptional artists. Stroll along the main strip to visit some galleries and maybe grab a coffee as you browse what's on offer.
Afterwards, you'll head towards the coast. Gnarabup is the best place to enjoy casual beachside dining for lunch overlooking the Indian Ocean at the local favourite, the White Elephant Cafe (own expense). Help digest your meal with a quick walk along the coastal boardwalk which is part of the Cape to Cape hiking trail. The tour moves on to Surfers Point, the iconic hub of the South West's surf culture. Renowned for its monstrous swells it now attracts the best surfers in the world as part of the professional world surfing circuit.
Stop in at Passel Estate, a small block winery situated in the heart of the world-renowned Margaret River wine region. Enjoy a wine tasting experience (own expense – $10 per person) in the contemporary tasting room featuring floor to ceiling glass on three sides to guarantee an intimate connection with the surrounding vines and natural bushland sanctuary.
Canal Rocks and the Natural Aquarium Lookout are next. Over the years the granite has been carved away by the ocean forming deep crevasses and the canal for which the area is named. Walk along the boardwalk and look for sea creatures in their natural habitat. Set high on the cliff, the Natural Aquarium Lookout gives an awesome perspective of the bays and beaches in the Yallingup region.
Meelup is a family favourite where the Australian bush meets the sea. Enjoy a grazing board of local goodies with a glass of wine, go for a swim in the turquoise waters, take a walk on the beach or sit back and relax and plan your next Margaret River adventure.
To end the day, visit the longest jetty in the Southern Hemisphere – Busselton Jetty. Go for a walk along it as the sun is setting or you may wish to visit Shelter Brewery to experience locally made beer and cider while enjoying the view over Geographe Bay, before the final leg back to Perth.
Where we visit:
- Crooked Carrot Cafe
- Margaret River Township
- Surfers Point Lookout
- Passel Estate Winery
- Canal Rocks
- Busselton Jetty
Frequently Asked Questions
We pick up from hotels, backpackers and apartments in the city, Northbridge and Crown Hotel in Burswood. If you are staying somewhere else we can arrange collection from the city, just advise us at the time you make the booking.
We can take children as young as 5 and we have had people in their 80’s join us. Some tours may be more suitable for you than others, just depends on how adventurous or active you want to be.
Shoes that are non-slip and good for walking. A hat, sunglasses and sunscreen. Warm jumper or windproof jacket, small water bottle and camera. Bring bathers and a towel if you think you may want to go for a swim.
Our tours are suitable for most fitness levels and you can also choose the activities you participate in on each tour. We do reserve the right to prevent passengers from participating in some activities if we think your participation could put you or the rest of the group at risk. Please check each tours activities and if you are unsure just ask us a question.
- The operator reserves the right to alter the route or itinerary of any of its tours if necessary due to severe weather or other unforeseen circumstances
- Some tours require minimum passenger numbers to operate. In circumstances where minimum numbers are not reached, an alternative may be offered or a smaller vehicle used.
- The operator may cancel a trip at any time prior to departure if, due to terrorism, natural disasters, political instability or other external events it is not viable for us to operate the planned itinerary. If the operator cancels your trip, you can transfer amounts paid to an alternate departure date or alternatively receive a full refund
- Child fares are available on most tours for passengers aged between 1 and 12 years inclusive. Infants (0-1 yrs) are able to come on most tours. Depending on age, children may be required to be seated in booster seats or other child safety accredited seating – please note the operator is not responsible to supply booster seats or child safety accredited seating
- Passengers are limited to a strict 10kg luggage limit with soft bags preferred
Should guests wish to cancel their tour, the following policy applies:
- Up to 24 hours of departure 100% refund
- Within 24 hours of departure; no refund, forfeit 100% of the total price
Why book with us?
- Best Price Guarantee
- Free & Easy Cancellation
- Up to 10% Cashback
- 100,000 5 Star Reviews
- Book Securely