- Get up to $20 cash back per person when you book with us
- A 6 hr food & wine tour of the Sunshine Coast hinterland
- Wine tastings at 2 vineyards or cellar doors, with a local cheese platter to accompany one
- A two-course lunch with a drink of your choice
- Visit a cheese factory that uses local milk to produce a range of cheese
- Convenient return transfers from selected Sunshine Coast pick-up locations
- Pick-up locations include TAPS, Brisbane Rd, Mooloolaba; Sneaky Baron, Ocean St, Maroochydore; Novotel Twin Waters Reception; or Main Street, Montville, Opposite the Visitor Information Centre
Sunshine Coast Hinterland Cheese & Wine TourTaste your way around the cheese & wine of the Sunshine Coast hinterland, while admiring the stunning scenery.
- Additional wine, beer, spirit, or cheese purchases
What to Expect
If you're staying on the Sunshine Coast and are looking for a local scenic escape, this tour takes you to visit the beautiful towns of the hinterland to taste local cheese, wine, and beer and enjoy a delicious lunch made from local produce.
The day starts with pick-ups from four selected locations across the Sunshine Coast. This includes TAPS, Brisbane Rd, Mooloolaba; Sneaky Baron, Ocean St, Maroochydore; Novotel Twin Waters Reception; or Main Street, Montville, Opposite the Visitor Information Centre.
Enjoy some beautiful scenery as you head away from the coast's beaches and up the range to the first stop at Flame Hill Vineyard, which is situated on the Blackall Range in Montville. They use grapes from the local vines plus varieties from the sister property in the Granite Belt to produce a variety of drops, including shiraz, cabernet sauvignon, petit blanc, Fiano, and chardonnay.
Once here, you'll indulge in a private wine tasting accompanied by a platter of local cheeses while you take in the spectacular views of the estate and the coastline.
The next stop is the Maleny Cheese Factory, where you can purchase a range of tasty cheeses made exclusively from local milk suppliers, along with a range of other local produce from the region. Their three-year aged cheddars come in various flavours, plus there are soft cheeses and feta-style options.
You'll then take in the beautiful views of the Sunshine Coast and Glass House Mountains as you journey across the range to the lunch destination. Depending on availability, this will either be Clouds at Montville or Brouhaha Brewery & Restaurant. Enjoy a delicious lunch with a range of tastings or a glass of wine or beer, and relax in their beautiful restaurant.
The final stop for the day is either at Clouds Vineyard in the iconic Big Wine Barrel or Sunshine & Sons Distillery near the Big Pineapple in Woombye. At Clouds Vineyard, you will have the choice of a flight of wine or a tasting paddle of beer. Wine options include Rose, Chardonnay, Shiraz & Merlot, while the beers include milk stout, ginger beer, pale ale, and lager.
Alternatively, at Sunshine & Sons Distillery, they'll offer you a drink on arrival and a range of gin and vodka tastings. They distil a range of creative spirits such as Pineapple Parfait Gin, Laguna Bay Dry Gin, a cane spirit, and even Barrel-Aged Vodka.
Finally, with full bellies and maybe a few take-home purchases, you'll be dropped off at your original pick-up point.
Where we Visit:
- Sunshine Coast Hinterland
- Flame Hill Vineyard
- Maleny Cheese Factory
- Clouds at Montville or Brouhaha Brewery & Restaurant
- Clouds Vineyard or Sunshine & Sons Distillery
Frequently Asked Questions
The Operator asks that you provide notice at time of booking so they can make every effort to accommodate your request. However, they are unable to offer a guarantee on behalf of the various venues we visit, but they will inform you in advance if a specific dietary request is not available.
The tours operate rain, hail or shine – or as long as it is safe to do so. If The Operator thinks the experience may not be safe to run, they will advise you in advance of any cancellation.
- The Operator requires a minimum of four passengers for the tour to run. The Operator will advise you within 48 hours of the tour should it not meet the minimum numbers to run
- The minimum age is 18 years & all passengers must bring valid ID
- If for some reason The Operator needs to cancel the tour due to extreme weather conditions or unforeseen circumstances, customers will receive a full refund or credit
- Customers who purchase an Adult Flexible ticket will receive a full refund (or credit) if the Operator is provided with notice of cancellation a minimum of 48 hours prior to your tour. If you have booked with a gift voucher or gift card you will have this re-issued
- If cancellation is advised in less than 48 hours, there are no refunds. No-shows will be charged the full price
- The Adult Flexible ticket allows you to change the date of your booking at no charge provided it is a minimum of 48 hours prior to your tour
- COVID cancellations - If, due to Government directives, the Operator is required to cancel a tour due to COVID restrictions, customers will receive a tour credit for them to re-book in the next 12 months
- Please contact The Operator by phone to cancel or inquire about a cancellation
Why book with us?
- Best Price Guarantee
- Free & Easy Cancellation
- Up to 10% Cashback
- 100,000 5 Star Reviews
- Book Securely