- Get up to $10 cash back per person when you book with us
- 3-hour scenic cruise to search for sightings of humpback whales off the coast of Mooloolaba
- Professional & experienced crew to enhance your experience
- Lower passenger numbers for a personalised experience & rail-side viewing position
- Light snacks, iced water & soft drinks provided
- Departs from the meeting point at Bridge Seafoods, 209 Brisbane Road, Mooloolaba
What to Expect
From July to late October, the East Coast of Australia plays host to thousands of humpback whales on their annual migration. Enjoy unobstructed rail-side views of these incredible marine mammals on an unforgettable small-group cruise without the crowds.
The beautiful Sunshine Coast has established an excellent reputation as one of the best places to go for whale watching along the East Coast. The region's focus on a cleaner environment, coupled with the natural bay formed between Moreton Island and Fraser Island makes it an ideal spot for whale encounters. Get up close and personal with these gentle giants of the sea and if you're lucky enough, you may also encounter pods of dolphins and turtles.
Onboard, passenger numbers are kept to a maximum of 23 guests to ensure that you have a safe, comfortable and memorable cruise. Crusader 1 is an open-deck vessel that allows full walk-around access so you don't miss any of the action.
Lower passenger numbers create a more intimate, personalised experience, as well as a guaranteed rail-side viewing position at all times. Light refreshments, soft drinks and iced water will be served during the cruise, and you may choose to bring your own food along to enjoy. Drinks can be purchased on board from the fully licensed bar.
Humpback whales are not only beautiful but also playful and curious creatures. You will be in awe of the spectacular breaching, close encounters, magical songs and tail slapping that often occurs. Seeing whales in the wild is a truly awe-inspiring experience, and doing it without the crowds makes it that little bit more special.
Where We Visit
Frequently Asked Questions
- We always recommend bringing a jacket as we are an open deck boat & it can get cool on the ocean
- Comfortable shoes (No black soles & no stiletto heels please)
Obviously, nobody wants to head out on the ocean, rivers or canals if the weather conditions are not suitable to do so. We would all love to be able to predict the weather well ahead of time, but reality dictates that we have to wait until 24 hours before departure to be anywhere near confident of the forecasts (and even then on the odd occasion the BOM will still get it wrong!).
Rain is generally not a reason for cancellation. There are 2 key factors we need to consider. Wind and swell. Depending on how these 2 factors are impacting together will determine if we are able to head out or not on the day.
In the event of your activity being cancelled prior to departure, you can either choose to go on an alternative future date, exchange the amount for a gift voucher, or request the amount paid to be refunded should either of the other 2 options not be suitable/possible.
Unfortunately the answer is no.
Refunds are available only in instances where the trip has not proceeded or where a customer has had to cancel their booking and provided sufficient written notice.
A trip that has not sighted whales (rare but it does happen) is not eligible for a refund under any circumstance. Our goal is always to give our customers the best opportunity to see whales in their natural environment, but the time of the season, weather (both in the days before and after a trip) and lady luck all play their part in the success of each and every outing.
We are not heading out to a controlled environment to see trained animals. We are heading out into their natural habitat and have to understand that what the whales did yesterday or last week may be very different from what the whales that are about at the time of your trip will without doubt be very different.
We limit our season, a late start and early finish, to give our customers the best chance possible to see whales. But there are simply days where they spend so much time submerged that you do not get to see them. Luckily these days are the exception rather than the rule. And if possible we will often offer some form of discount or free 2nd trip. But this offer remains at The Operator's discretion.
- Tours are subject to sufficient passengers numbers & safe, suitable weather conditions
- Please arrive 30 minutes prior to departure
- Cancellations with a minimum 72 hours notice will be eligible for a full refund
- Cancellations within 72-24 hours notice will be charged either the full fare or 20% deposit, depending on whether or not the individual's place has been able to be filled prior to departure time
- No refunds for cancellations within 24 hours
Reviews for Whale Watching Cruise Without the Crowds - Mooloolaba
Get Instant Confirmation