- Private cooking lesson
- Cooking using seasonal ingredients of the Setouchi Region
- Make requests in deciding the menu
- Learn how to eat with chopsticks!
What to Expect
Do you find it hard to eat with chopsticks? It's not easy! On this food tour, you will learn the proper way to hold chopsticks and rice bowls, plus other manners unique to Japan. This begins with itadaki-masu and ends with gochisousama-deshita, meaning gratitude for consuming the life of the ingredients and gratitude for the persons preparing the food.
This practice is based on Washoku (Japanese food) etiquette. After you learn the basics, help create a menu by choosing the ingredients!
If selecting ingredients
- 10:00 am pick-up at a hotel in Hiroshima
- 10:30 - 11:30 am ingredient selection
- Cooking begins at 12:00 pm
- Tasting at 1:30 pm
- Drop-off at a hotel in Hiroshima at 3:30 pm
If not selecting ingredients
- 10:30 am Pick-up at a hotel in Hiroshima
- Cooking begins at 11:00 am
- Tasting at 12:30 pm
- Drop-off at a hotel in Hiroshima at 2:30 pm
- Interpreter guide 25,850 yen (excluding tax) per group
- Ingredient selection option: Start your experience by selecting ingredients with a professional chef. 25,850 yen per group (1 hour: excluding tax)
- Depachika tour option: Depachika—the basement level of a department store—is the place to see foodie trends. This tour will take you to depachikas of Hiroshima
- Sake Sampling option: Hiroshima is known as one of the three sake producers of Japan. Select five out of ten Japanese sakes produced in Hiroshima
Things to note
- 2 persons minimum, 4 persons maximum
- Language support: Japanese, English, Chinese, French, Spanish, German, Italian
- Participation requirements: Favorable health. No wheelchairs. Physically challenged persons must have an accompanying helper.
- Special support: Extra costs may apply depending on the ingredient.
- Free Wi-Fi
- If you have diet restrictions (allergies, vegetarianism, etc.), please notify tour beforehand
This tour's advertised price and net rate does not include the Japanese Consumption Tax.
- 7 to 4 days before the tour date 40% of the tour price
- 3 to 2 days before the tour date 60% of the tour price
- The day before the tour date, on the day of the tour 100% of the tour price
- Right after the online settlement is made, a cancellation fee of 10% will be incurred in case of cancellation
- The cancellation fee includes handling charges
- Hiroshima Airport
- Hiroshima station
- HIroshima's Hotel
Reviews for Cooking Class by Washoku Chef in Setouchi
Book your experience stress-free and know we're here to help.
Get Instant Confirmation